You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

James wrote:

This thread got big. 16  Just read the last couple pages but might read it all tomorrow when I have more time. From the little I did read, the stale set list, temper tantrums, and GNR not on their A game gives me no desire to watch or download this show. I'll listen to Estranged tomorrow but as I've mentioned countless times, the nostalgia thing doesn't interest me. I always wanted the new era to really happen but obviously it was never in the cards. Was simply smoke being blown up our asses.

tylerdurden wrote:

Call me when you put some fucking new music out, Gentlemen...

No shit. My feelings exactly. We were told to get on board or fuck off. The band fucked off instead...

Glad some people enjoyed it but these nostalgia head trips just aren't my cup of tea.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Watching Live In Paris right now. So sad to see how far Axl has fallen. Time for him to retire from touring instead of continuing to take a shit on his own legacy.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

DJ's guitar shorted out or something in NT when he jumped into the crowd so he smashed it 14 ... Ron covered him though big_smile

KOHD and Nightrain are good after the end of NR mishap

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah he's pissed at himself for fuckign up the lyrics so many times....so he stations himself in front of the teleprompter so he doesnt lose sight of it in the glare of the stage lights....thats what it looks like to me anyway

anyway yeah there were a few fuckups and miscues but damn was still a good show overall imo...maybe my standards are lower than the rest of you fuckers...or myabe you are all crazy bastards for staying up all hours of the night to watch it...or for expecting new material cuz of some setlist of shady origins....i dunno i didnt expect all that shit so it was ok for me...Axl is even pretty into it at the end of PC...headbanging stomping and spinning the steering wheel mic stand....you crazy doomsayers need to fucking relax man..maybe give it a day or two and watch it again or something...it really wasnt nearly as bad as y'all made it out to be

peace out

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

Anybody who knows me knows I've been all about giving Axl and the new band a break for a while... But Holy Shit.... This was the first time since the inception of the "New GN'R" that I actually thought they sounded like a mediocre GNR cover band.

Say what you want about certain members over the last decade, at least the band, as a whole, had the right vibe.... Not last night. It was borderline embarrassing. I watched a number of bands perform over the last couple of weeks at RIR... and as the headliner last night... They dropped the ball. Big time.
They had some high points... But they lows were GLARING. Axl looks broken.I never say this sort of shit, but he was such a god damn mess, particularly during Patience and Nov. Rain... This could be a catalyst for a reunion. I saw this look on his face at one point that REEKED of "Jesus... I wish Duff, Izzy and Slash were here...." I loved that they played Estranged... But even THEN... something didn't feel right. It was soooo wrong. Like when I hear Gus G. wailing on "I Don't Wanna Change The World"...  BBF is a great guitarist... I'll bet he's a super nice guy... But the tone during the guitar melodies in the beginning of Estranged... something about it... ugh. I felt icky.
Fuck the rain. It's ALWAYS gonna be something with Axl. Weather, monitors... Something. Grow the fuck up.

Call me when you put some fucking new music out, Gentlemen...

I posted almost these same exact comments a few pages ago, even the part of wishing the old guns were there during patience.  I got that same exact vibe....

The tone on bumble's guitar is too processed.  too much gain.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

"Wishing the old guys were there" is not the vibe I got. Looked to me like he wanted to be holed up in his mansion instead of on a stage in front of 100,000 people. It is time for him to stop embarrassing himself. He is a combination of Fat Elvis and crazy MJ.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I reckon bubble foot played estranged Well but his tone was awful dj s tone sounded heaps better

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Neemo wrote:

yeah he's pissed at himself for fuckign up the lyrics so many times....so he stations himself in front of the teleprompter so he doesnt lose sight of it in the glare of the stage lights....thats what it looks like to me anyway

anyway yeah there were a few fuckups and miscues but damn was still a good show overall imo...maybe my standards are lower than the rest of you fuckers...or myabe you are all crazy bastards for staying up all hours of the night to watch it...or for expecting new material cuz of some setlist of shady origins....i dunno i didnt expect all that shit so it was ok for me...Axl is even pretty into it at the end of PC...headbanging stomping and spinning the steering wheel mic stand....you crazy doomsayers need to fucking relax man..maybe give it a day or two and watch it again or something...it really wasnt nearly as bad as y'all made it out to be

peace out

no offense intended but this is the kind of fan attitude that allows the band to continuously underachieve and desecrate the legacy of one of the greatest bands of all time.

Maybe I am wrong for expecting more out of an all time great.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

This was just posted to my facebook page, not by me . Anyone who thinks this shit show won't hit the general public is living in la la land. The genral public Love Axl but the also love to hate Axl. This shit is gold for them so... Comments on youtube on all sorts of GnR RIR '11 videos with people saying they were thinking about getting tickets for the tour but not anymore. 

the fact a video like this is already up on youtube speaks volumes. the worst part in my mind is watching him sulk around on stage kicking at the water like a 6 year old kid having a  temper tantrum. It's so not endearing in any way shape or form from a  guy who's almost 50. At least when he was in his 20's you could use the excuse that he was acting out in his "rebelious youth". Now he's just an old man acting like a  baby.

I'll quietly predict that whenever this US tour ends that'll be the last we hear from Axl for a VERY long time. Just a  prediction and yeah some will say that's  overreacting and it's too early for predictions but the same people will always say it's "too early" to predict anything. They're called predictions so you make them before hand.  the only thing that saves this anymore is new material in the form of an album. New live songs aren't gonna cut it anymore I don't think. It would be cool but it's not what's gonna right the ship. It's like last night was the sailing of the new era ship. Funny thing is the ship has never even really left the dock.  The fans support this band for so many years and hold on to faith that eventually they are gonna get something really great and then last night happens? I don't get it.

If I had my say I'd say screw the US tour and just record an album as a band, as friends(if they are even that). Yes I get the folks in the States want a US tour and quite frankly this may be the last one but I agree with tejastech08 it's time to call it a day. Hole up in the studio record some music, create a body of work not  that of the old band and then maybe down the road tour your songs in smaller venues on your own merrit with a new name. Gee the name "Axl Rose" might work even.  Stop with the Guns N' Roses farce.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Well, after Dublin last year we all were ringing this is the end of GNR siren also... They got through that

so.... I'm sure they will carry on

Board footer