You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

there are singers that are (or were) alot more overweight than axl is look at pavaratti...he was a big dude but could sing like a motherfucker....its prolly partially to blame but i would lean more to suggesting that he was under prepared...but i dont know obviously, but if i had to guess that would be my guess

You can be overweight and be in better shape than Axl was.  There are NFL guys twice my weight that could run circles around me.  Not being in shape enough to sing is being unprepared.  His body is his instrument.  (Let's see what kind of comments that brings)

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

you could be right i know nothing of singing .... though i cant picture that pavaratti was much of a runner .. just sayin 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yeah but he sings a different style also

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

His body is his instrument.  (Let's see what kind of comments that brings)

I think he just needs a nice girlfriend to "play his flute" regularly then, release a bit of that pent up agression/tension that he seems to have.

Surely it would make a nice change for him to bring a chick on tour to hang out with instead of his mum.

Re. Axl's fitness, I don't seem him looking a lot different than last time.  Sheesh the guy is 47 or something and still looks pretty good I think.  Fuck I'm 37 and I certainly feel how much fucken harder it is to keep in shape now compared to my 20's.  As long as it doesn't affect his voice or he's not morbidly obese I couldn't give a fuck.  That said if his cardio fitness is so down that it causes him to struggle with the lyrics etc then that is a concern.

As for suggestions Axl should simply become a studio artist, unfortunately I don't see that happening in the current era.  There is simply no money in it.  The $$'s are in touring, if he's going to write more music, if he doesn't go out and tour it he's screwed.  There aren't many $$'s to be made from downloading Mofo's.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Bono wrote:

You know what I'm sick of.... people on this site who think that because some of us discuss this band in a  passionate way albeit not in the way they would like that our personal lives are shitty. To that I say go F yourself.  None of us have any idea what each other's personal lives are actually like and twice now in the last two days I've seen posts by members suggesting other memebers personal lives must be really shitty based on their opinions on Guns N' Roses.

Honestly if you can't handle the difference in opinions stop posting altogether because the moment you start telling others their lives must be pretty crappy based on them posting their opinions that you disagree with  on this band or this concert on this site you've become a major douchebag.

Unlike others (ahem) who claim that those with different opinions must be complaining simply for "Shock value", right? Or is it different when you make a sweeping generalization of somebody who has an opinion that differs from yours?

There is a massive difference between suggesting someone is stateing an opinion that is less than genuine(I can't believe anyone would suggest the band was on fire the other night and that the show was amazing and genuinely feel that way yet it's happened) and telling those who have differing opinions that they're lives outside these forum walls must lead miserable and boring lives.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Olorin wrote:
Ali wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Seriously you dont see it? I dont want to keep going on about this, its kinda cruel, but folks acting blind to it is getting on my tits.  If you cant see it...*deep breath - then howz about you count his chins compared to 2010, cause theres at least one more than the few that were there at the beginning of the last tour.

Yes, getting off his sofa for a while and performing will shed some pounds.
Yes, his vocals will no doubt improve as the tour rolls on... but fuck me, Axl looks worse than he ever has in his life. He might have been carrying a few extra pounds when he emerged to kick off the first tour in Asia, but he was still in powerfull form and spirits.

This time its different, he's looks ill and his performance was bad (he's my favourite singer of all time, but that wont cloud reality -he stank the fucking place out) and on top of that he had a borderline breakdown on live TV.... but hey

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/nakedgun.gif

Look at this picture posted on MyGNR.  Honestly I do not see a noticeable difference between now and 2010.  Maybe your impression of his overall performance is coloring your view of his appearance?  Not saying that's wrong in any way, but it would be understandable.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?sho … &p=2925188

Ali

I thought he started ok and went downhill, there was some good points and bad but I have no urge to watch any of it again except Estranged, it was a bad night at the office and did not sound good.
But I dont need to look a photograph - I was defending him here the other day when folk were taking potshots at him based on those first pics of him getting into the car, he didnt look much different (but the enormous baggy clothes seemed odd.)
The video doesnt lie though, its plain to see, and if he was a friend of mine I'd be concerned. Infact I have a couple of friends like that, and I've even been there myself... depressed and binging on drugs, booze and junk food and generally living a poor lifestyle, I look back a photos and cant beleive noone ever said anything - I looked like someone else, not unlike Duff when he was in a bad way with the booze and everyone was ignoring the drastic change in his appearance.

His face is bloated, his chin had doubled. He is out of breath, unable to hit the growling high notes. I think there are too many apologists trying to do damage control.

Axl can have an off night.

But this was a big fuckin' night for the band.

Now the performance has become a joke.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Neemo wrote:

there are singers that are (or were) alot more overweight than axl is look at pavaratti...he was a big dude but could sing like a motherfu....its prolly partially to blame but i would lean more to suggesting that he was under prepared...but i dont know obviously, but if i had to guess that would be my guess

You can be overweight and be in better shape than Axl was.  There are NFL guys twice my weight that could run circles around me.  Not being in shape enough to sing is being unprepared.  His body is his instrument.  (Let's see what kind of comments that brings)

Axl's body requires a certain level of conditioning.

I agree. Judging from his appearance and the problems he had in the show, I can't believe it can be chalked up to anything but being unprepared and unconditioned for the show.

I also found him pudgy in 2010 and thought his voice lacked the intensity he had gained back in 2006.

Sky Dog wrote:

Listen, he is fucking fat. Period. For his body type and age, he is fat. I am 44 and eat and drink quite a lot. 5'11...170...why? Because I actually exercise consistently and semi take care of myself. He is very bloated and pudgy...more than last tour and way more than 2006/2007 when he was at his best during the new Guns era.

He doesn't look good and it is a little disturbing.

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl 2001 was a pudgy, healthy look. 2011 is a pudgy unhealthy look. sad

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
madagas wrote:

Axl 2001 was a pudgy, healthy look. 2011 is a pudgy unhealthy look. sad

Maybe Axl should take up cocaine.  It would give him more energy on stage and probably help with losing weight as well.  16

Board footer