You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

Sky Dog wrote:

running out of steam quickly on YCBM...:haha:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i thought that it had portions of ballad of death in it...been meaning to watch them both and see its a reprise

I think it might be that it just has a couple of signature DJ licks in it.

Further to this.

Figured out where I heard that lick.

About 2:00 into DJ's solo there's a very similar lick to the  Dj solo in Accidents can happen (see 2:27 on the Sixx AM track)

I think this is what i was thinking of...but maybe it's also like Ballad of Death 3

good call! but i jstu listened to ballad of death and the main part that was before is now being played by Dizzy &/or Pitman and DJ is expanding on the main riff more, taking the melody in other places ... its either a part 2 or a reprise...i'm convinced now

check otu DJ around a minute in on this vid

now is keys in this vid ... yet there is still some remnants of the ballad of death guitar lick in DJ's part of the Rio Solo again around a minute in

[youtube]B78wWY03x_Q&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

nugdafied wrote:

I've only watched Patience so far and thought it was great. Goofy, pathetic shit like that is why I still follow fakegnr. I go to the Slash section when i want to see/talk/hear serious music.

Still can't wait to watch the US tour implode. It'll be a great internet soap opera. Right now, I'm going to wind turbine school in northwest Iowa, an easy drive to both Omaha and Minneapolis. I wouldn't waste my time watching Botaxl if he bought me a ticket and sent a limo for me. Not sure if he's fit to even front Adler's band at this point. I'm also not sure if having a pro like Josh Todd open for him is in his best interest's? But whatever...It'll be a nice midday escape for me from school reading about the drama.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Making The Fuckin' Posts -- Part II: Cold Brazilian Rain

Olorin wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm not naive enough to think that anything I do or don't do will have any impact or sway in making Axl do anything.

I agree about HTGTH.  The people left who post the Axlite posts is specifically because they think Axl reads that board.  And licking jarmo's ass might be their "in" to Axl.  Lame.

The funny thing is jarmo still gets these perks, but he has absolutely ZERO credibility, respect or sway among the GN'R fan community. It doesn't matter what he posts or deletes. People don't take that board serious anymore.

He makes my skin crawl, he'd throw his granny in front of a bus if it meant there was the chance to suckle on the teet of one of Axl's cronies.
The warped logic and psychotic elimination of opposing views over there is sickening.
Mabye thats an insight into the world of Axl, that kind of crazy fanatisism and distortion of reality cant just spring out of nowhere, cause it was an relatively open board of discussion beforehand, that methodology must have been drilled into jarmo from somewhere.

I absolutely agree with this. And I think both ways. I think Jarmo, by his own accord, has some deep issues with his pursual of Axl's affections.

I also think Axl attracts these kind of fanantical Michael Jackon-esque fans too.

Jarmo, as he exists today, is solely the fault of Axl Rose, and the kind of beggars & hangers on his inner circle is.

They allow Jarmo and HTGTH to be the way it is. But do ultimately I think the end result is Axl's fault? No, each individual has to answer for their own stupidity and ignorance.

I also believe Axl treats the band and GN'R, especially the old band this way and it's one of the reasons they left. Axl has a bad habit of being one of those guys you never see, that never has anything to do with you, but yet you owe him absolutely 100% loyalty at all times on everything, and anything less "you're a detractor", "you're a cancer, better removed".

That's how he's always worked, even going back to his family issues in the early 90's.

That's why a "for me or against me" attitude is always so incredibly dangerous.

Ali wrote:
Olorin wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm not naive enough to think that anything I do or don't do will have any impact or sway in making Axl do anything.

I agree about HTGTH.  The people left who post the Axlite posts is specifically because they think Axl reads that board.  And licking jarmo's ass might be their "in" to Axl.  Lame.

The funny thing is jarmo still gets these perks, but he has absolutely ZERO credibility, respect or sway among the GN'R fan community. It doesn't matter what he posts or deletes. People don't take that board serious anymore.

He makes my skin crawl, he'd throw his granny in front of a bus if it meant there was the chance to suckle on the teet of one of Axl's cronies.
The warped logic and psychotic elimination of opposing views over there is sickening.
Mabye thats an insight into the world of Axl, that kind of crazy fanatisism and distortion of reality cant just spring out of nowhere, cause it was an relatively open board of discussion beforehand, that methodology must have been drilled into jarmo from somewhere.

Or, it could be Jarmo's personal choice.  I know many assume, but I've yet to see any conclusive link to show that how Jarmo runs his board is a direct edict from Axl.  Hell, even if it was an edict, it may be more from Axl's people than anything else.

Ali

It might be some of Jarmo's own paranoia about what he thinks might please Mr. Rose, and put him over more in the GN'R camp. Thus the reason he's allowed Fernando for years to outright insult fans on an official level, and if a fan tries to respond on any level to debate Fernando, their posts are deleted, thread locked, or the user is outright banned as Fernando is given carte blanche to do whatever he wants.

And so that might be all Jarmo.

But in terms of the band and the producing and posting of "GN'R News", that is a direct edict from Axl, and has been pretty known for at least five years, if not longer.

Axl tells Jarmo what he's allowed to post or not post. Hell the fuckin' world knew about Rio IV and the NA 2011 tour for DAYS, before Jarmo was allowed to officially acknowledge its existance after the band made an official statement.... on Twitter.

What a total joke.

misterID wrote:
Olorin wrote:
misterID wrote:

^^

I think jarmo is operating with some obsessive fanboy's reaction to Axl. I really think he's operating and acting on his own accord but does take direction on deleting certain topics and shit. But you make a good point about it possibly being a glimpse into Axl's world. Scary stuff. Guess I'm saying jarmo's a douchebag on his own with no ones help in it 16

Monkey, I'm very interested in tomorrows show because of everything you just mentioned.  I looked over at HTGTH and there's some "between the lines" code in some of the regular members posts that basically say it was a bad night and they're concerned.

I have never understood why anyone would want to spend hours of their life on a board that censored them as much as their office workplace does.

Every person over there, just like every person here, KNOWS that was a horrible show Sunday night, if not the worst show they've ever done.

Otherwise this thread wouldn't currently be at page 127.

If it was "biznezz as usual, GeeNr rawked!!!!1111", the page might've made it 3 pages based on Axl's fatness, but his performance would've been glazed over with "Axel rawked az alwayz", and they would've moved on.

The next couple of shows are really gone tell what's gonna happen in the next month, and always will be a crucial deciding factor on whether I go to a show or not.

I had full plans to hit up the Orlando show for months. All plans ceased to "To Be Determined" after the other night, and i've already had one person pull out on me, and completely cancel, based solely on Axl's performance (they thought the band was great tho).

Olorin wrote:

Mabye theres like an exam you have to take to get in the club?

Funniest post you've ever made! 14

Na na na na na na FUHRER!

I know I feel Beta-indoctrinated.

Neemo wrote:

gone back and listened to sorry and RQ again...and i stand by my initial post

i may very well be deaf  ...or maybe i just hear it different than you...maybe i'm listenign to diferent things...lets break it down here...the band is pretty much exquisite throughout...some flubs and missed cues but over all they were all pretty solid...almost like listeing to the album cuts...in particular on this vid

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/leoruch#p/u/11/vZZTUWz1a04[/youtube]

from 4:45 til the end of the song...axl sounds pretty damn sweet to me

tbh these days i tend to just have vocals kinda fade in and out of the background for me, these days i hear the guitars and bass over everythign else....hard to explain it but its jsut what my hearing tunes into, i really have to concentrate to listen and pay attention to the vocals...anyway i digress...that example of RQ is the band kicking ass as a whole...and there are lots of little snippets like that where it all comes together...then there are parts where it falls apart, but i think there is significantly more little highlights like that than little fuckups

i dont even understand how i could even be an "enabler" i never said it was the best show they ever did or that axl was perfet or anythign...band was pretty good though throughout and axl had to fight through the show all night...sometimes things panned out and other tiems not so well...was still a good show, not perfect, not great, not terrible and definately not the worst...but hey i am not a fine conneseur of live boots like you so what do i know, usually for me its the album cuts or being at a show (mostly album cuts )

i'm not about to sit here and be an armchair psychologist of someoens well being...i dont know the man, i dont know how his day went before the show, i dont know all the stuff that happened during the show, i dont know what happened since the last show in 2010....all i know is what i saw the other day when i watched the vids....looked to me like he was pissed at himself for his mistakes...i dunno about suicidal thoughts and druginduced depressions whaever else you guys saw, i know that at the start of the show...prolly first half or so that he seemed to be in great spirits, moving around, feeling the tunes, joking with the band and the crowd, then later as little mistakes started happening i know that he would be downtrodden at the beginnign of songs then his spirits would pick up again as the song wore on and ended

anyway i'll jsut stop talking about it and let you guys tell it like it is...unless you provke me then i may have to respond again

Stop being so smug. "Let you guys tell it like it is"

You're coming across as a passive aggressive baby.

I never once attempted to be an armchair psychologist or diagnose Axl as anything, and to say anything of the sort is fraudulent, misleading, short-sighted, and frankly douchetacular of you.

I simply AGREED (I didn't even say it) that Axl looked like he was about to cry. Most people cry when they are overcome with emotion.

Now i'm a pretty good expert on human facial expression, and Axl did not look like he was about to cry tears of rain irritation or joy.

He looked pissed as fucking hell to the breaking point... and of all things... at himself.

Naltav wrote:
gibbo wrote:

I just watched the tv rip version of the show i must admit its a lot better then the you tube stream

In what way was it better?

I also saw the TV-rip.

Out of curiosity, those of you who are most upset about the performance, what version did you watch? TV-rip, youtube or both?

I watched both.

And they equally sucked.

All of the people talking about how "if you judge a show by a YouTube video, you're a fool"

Only in GN'Rland. SOAD just put on a great comeback show (according to their fans), and yet the same apparently doesn't apply to Axl. But it does apply to Slipknot, Metallica (who SUCKED HARD too), Sepultura, etc.

But not Axl.

It's hogwash. They sucked, and this is coming from a man who thought the VMA show is "underrated".

Ali wrote:
killingvector wrote:
Ali wrote:

Please.  I clearly stated that mainstream press in the US hasn't been covering the RIR festival and therefore it wouldn't affect the US tour ticket sales.  That is an Aussie version of MTV.  I highly doubt that will affect US tour ticket sales.

Ali

I've heard two different rock stations in MA and RI comment on Axl's bloated weight gain and poor performance in Rio.

I'll reiterate again that I said mainstream press (as in music press) in the US.  No disrespect to those stations, but they aren't press outlets and they are local, not national.  I was comparing and contrasting this RIR with RIR III where both MTV and RS covered the event and GN'R's set.

Ali

You've been debunked twice. Yet you continue to not let it go.

So i'll go ahead and say it for everyone else...

You're wrong. The awful Rio show has been picked up and carried, and just because it's not within your parameters of hearing it on numerous American outlets means nothing.

It's amazing in GN'Rland that when someone says "CD didn't sell any albums", "Axl can't fill up half an arena in America"

Their immediate response is "Look at the world, it was widely popular, and Axl still performs in stadiums in South America!"

Yet when the awful Rio show is picked up on international media outlets, its "doesn't matter, won't effect US ticket sales"

Typical HTGTH-religious cult-like behavior. Changing the rules anytime it suits their argument.

Olorin wrote:

This guy has the show in HD:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sarquisstuff

Looking back in hind sight.... TIL is not "great" as I originally stated. It's decent, but not great.

Axl is pitchy, forgets lyrics AGAIN...

The band is on fire though, especially DJ.

misterID wrote:

I liked Mr. Diswald Reed's solo, myself.

"Don't fuck my piano... You can touch it. Just don't fuck it."

I liked Dizzy's solo too, but he had a few missed keys also.

In his case -- it might've actually been the rain. Dizzy rarely has any mistakes on the ivory.

Neemo wrote:

yeah that was funny....sounds like he's real downtrodden there huh?

Stop trying to pick a fight. Now you're intentionally being a dick. Take it over to the Jarmo circle jerk that Rio was the best show of all time.

But you intentionally have ran with misinformation to spread propaganda of a "good show" (one of your quotes)...

Me and you both know Axl's attitude was great and he was in good spirits during the show until November Rain.

THAT is where he tanked.

NOT This I Love... and you know that. roll

Neemo wrote:

haha...u guys are so sensitive....i was joking!

axl had a funny line after TIL was looking for it the other day but couldnt find it

after TIL Axl says..."well my lip sync tape broke and my mic was turned off....kidding! Ok lets see what we can fuck with now" obviously in a joking manner and in response to the Axl always blames everyone but himself

anyway Bono....-D- you guys called me an enabler because i said most of the show was good and there was fuckups spattered throughout...so then -D- says basically the same shit but he is realistic....

You weren't joking. You've made back-handed comments this whole thread to try to express your opinion of a "good show" throughout this thread.

Now that you've been debunked, and it's obvious your opinion is NOT the popular opinion, and never will be, you're making little passive aggressive comments at posters in the thread to express yourself.

And what you've said and what D said are not the same thing. D did not call the show good, and have bad moments.

We've all said that. But you using phrases like "they rocked", "good show", "Sorry was fucking amazing"... pretty much says that we're all full of shit, deaf ourselves, and the band was amazing... and you know that... that's why you said it.

That is an enabler, and Bono's description of it is correct.

If Axl half-asses prep time, half-asses a show, and is fucking terrible on stage, totally dead ass... yet he still gets you, the HTGTH fanboys, Jarmho, the Malibu Mafia, everyone in South America, Tommy Stinson, Twitterphiles.... all telling him how great he sounded...

Eventually the definition of GOOD gets so fuckin' distored, watered down, and cloudy that when Axl is fucking terrible, he doesn't even know it.

And show quality goes down.

I love Axl, and I thought he FUCKING RULED last year. Many times vocally he sounded like 1988, others not so much.

I really put him over last year. So i'm not a naysayer. But Rio IV -- it was his worst show imo. He was terrible.

The band tho, was great. Frank was off, Dizzy was okay, but DJ, Ron & Richard really brought it.

The thing is if your FRONTMAN is half-assing. Doesn't matter what what the band does... you look bad.

Axl...

"I gave you a chance when we could've done somethin'"

"I gave you a chance to rule Rio again... and..."

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

this is why i dont post much in this section anymore...u guys can all go fuck yourselves

obviously you dont read what i have said ... from now on i'll just keep my opinions to myself like i have been ... dont ask me to comment on vids any more if you dont wanna hear what i have to say ... i said before that i didnt even want to watch the damn show ... but i did and i commented cuz i was asked to.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Wow, great post.

Now you're really talking like you feel.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

this is why i dont post much in this section anymore...u guys can all go fuck yourselves

obviously you dont read what i have said ... from now on i'll just keep my opinions to myself like i have been ... dont ask me to comment on vids any more if you dont wanna hear what i have to say ... i said before that i didnt even want to watch the damn show ... but i did and i commented cuz i was asked to.

Dude it's stuff like this:

Neemo wrote:

the band is pretty much exquisite throughout...some flubs and missed cues but over all they were all pretty solid...almost like listeing to the album cuts

First you say the band sounded "exquisite" despite some flubs and miscues. How si that possible?  Then you go on to say it almost sounded like listening to the actual cd's that's how good it was. 10  Gn'R has NEVER sounded anything close to the studio cuts  when playing live.   It really comes off as though on a  personal level you feel you need to stick up for the band by sayting something that so far out there. I don't get it. 

Ok so you've got the "typical haters" who thought the show sucked but you've also got long time "positive supporters" who thought it sucked and you've got the in between people who thought it sucked. How on earth can so many peopel think that yet the show was a good show, the band sounded near perfect and Axl wasn't all that bad?

Maybe you don't think it sucked man and to each their own but I question whether you'd say it sucked even if you felt it did. hmm

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

the band...the music itself sounded really awesome to me for most of the show ... and i think i stated that about 45 seconds of one song sounded like the album not the whole fuckign concert

I'm not denying that axl was off his game...he did have his moments though..

still think sorry was a really good rendition...the outro to RQ was especially good, he sounded good for the most part on TIL ... Easy was good...brownstone...estranged...were all good imo

LALD sucked, NR sucked, Patience sucked, paradise city half sucked (end was cool), jungle sucked, ycbm sucked, nighttrain was meh

scom and better and SoD were good

cd and kohd were ok...crowd was awesoem on kohd though

i dunno the entire song doesnt have to be flawless for me to enjoy it...i thought the show was ok...you thought it sucked...so i must be wrong...sorry for having an opinion

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Absolutely. Neemo is totally entitled to think the show was good, but his own posts in this very thread have been just as inconsistent as Axl was during the show.

I didn't say it. He did. Then he jumped down my throat arguing it's merits, and i'm saying why people saw Neemo's posts the way they did.

I'm not the only one who saw it that way. There were others, but like Axl... i'm the fall guy as always.

The only reason I saw it as "picking a fight" was it was the only logical thing that made any sense. I didn't say it to throw a punch back at the guy.

I was just trying to find out what in the fuck he was trying to say. Alot of people didn't get it, other than misterID.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

the band...the music itself sounded really awesome to me for most of the show ... and i think i stated that about 45 seconds of one song sounded like the album not the whole fuckign concert

I'm not denying that axl was off his game...he did have his moments though

still think sorry was a really good rendition...the outro to RQ was especially good, he sounded good for the most part on TIL ... Easy was good...brownstone...estranged...were all good imo

LALD sucked, NR sucked, Patience sucked, paradise city half sucked (end was cool), jungle sucked, ycbm sucked, nighttrain was meh

scom and better and SoD were good

cd and kohd were ok...crowd was awesoem on kohd though

i dunno the entire song doesnt have to be flawless for me to enjoy it...i thought the show was ok...you thought it sucked...so i must be wrong...sorry for having an opinion

You're not wrong dude, you're not wrong. If you think it's good, it's good for you, that's fine.

But you did make some snide comments about us "tell it like it is", which were obvious smart ass comments.

It came across as we (everyone here) were taking the opportunity to slag Axl...

I don't think ANYONE in this thread has acted in that manner AT ALL since the show. Everyone has been VERY professional, and everyone brought their A game (except for a couple).

Like D said... this thread has been a Hall of Fame thread of a shameful show. Everyone should be very proud of how intelligent they've been, like I said other than a couple.

Board footer