You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Speaking of it, anyone else think The General sounds more fleshed out here?

I used to think this might have been background strings to the song, but I'm really starting to think its the actual intro to it.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

This may or may not be relevant, when The General opens the show and Estranged is in the setlist.

"[Baz] says Rose told him that a slow, grinding track called "The General" is "the sequel to [Use Your Illusion II's] 'Estranged,' that goes to the parable that Del James wrote of the trilogy"."

- RS, 06/25/08

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Damn yahoo on it...

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Ugh... I just saw this on another forum I post on in their "ROFL thread" which is basically a thread for people to post funny stuff. It's a non music related forum too so it makes it worse hmm.

Basically the guy (well known poster there) posted the Rock in Rio WTTJ video and said this

I laughed all the way through this

Axel in his yellow raincoat
sounds like a drunk guy down at the local karaoke
doesn't appear to know the words to the song hes been singing for the last 25 years

and the solo with the storm trooper helmet i lost my shit, ive never seen anything as funny as that on stage

Looking great for the casual fans tongue.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Cramer wrote:

According to Ali that's not an 'mainstream' source, because it's not on Google.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Yahoo? who the fuck has ever heard of that guys. No one is gonna see that story.:laugh::laugh::smile:

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Again, you don't get what I said at all. Regardless, I made my statement before ever seeing that.

Ali

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

In my own little head I like to belive that Axl directed that fairly epic "You're going to die" towards ron for the clone trooper mask incident wink

russtcb wrote:

I honestly don't get all the clamoring for new material. I forgot who, but someone earlier in the thread said they'd trade Estranged for The General in a heartbeat. I can't believe that.

It wasn't me that said it I don't think but I would.

Axl is my favourite songwriter of all time - so the more works of his I hear in my lifetime the better - it's fun to see them play estranged and all - but at the end of the day I can bust out my CD any time and hear it in studio quality any day.

That can't be said for the unknown.

I would take ANY new track over a repeat peformance of ANY older track even my favourite songs. This doesn't mean I'm not a fan of the band if they don't play new tracks - just that the pure excitment of something unheard to my ears trumps anything.

Board footer