You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

monkeychow wrote:

I think it's the boy who cried wolf.

In the past Axl's been late and not shown a lot of remorse.

But this time it's clearly not his fault.

The crew can't set up much faster than 30mins. And the band came on straight after.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I really hate that "Take the next day off" sentiment

I do that, I lose bout 300 bucks.... No thanks

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

On the other hand, if you make 300 a day it wouldn't devastate you to not make it one day either.

I can see casuals making a fuzz about it, but us hardcores? We KNOW the deal. You don't have to like it, but it is what it is. Nobody's forcing you to go.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

a friend sent me this link - pretty much sums up any press i've seen of the show

http://www.therock.net.nz/The-Axl-Rose- … g.facebook

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Rio Promoter Says Axl Rose Didn't Respect Brazilian Fans
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen … o_takeover

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Can someone explain that?

How was axl 2 hours late when the previous bands finished so late? Were they told to play longer to cover his absense?

Don't get it.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I think it's the boy who cried wolf.

In the past Axl's been late and not shown a lot of remorse.

But this time it's clearly not his fault.

The crew can't set up much faster than 30mins. And the band came on straight after.

Then why would the RIR promoter, a long time friend blame them/Axl? I wouldn't have placed blame on them a few days ago, but the fact that the previous band played not a bit, but a lot longer then they were supposed to, irked me, cause it only happens @ festivals, when the next act is not ready. It's very likely that another hissy fit happened, and then came that disastrous show. No wonder RIR will not invite them next time.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...I posted that prior to the promoter saying that.

My new guess is the problem is that Axl wasn't waiting around backstage and someone got nervous.

He showed up ready to go pretty much dead on his allocated start time of 1am...but maybe the orginisers didn't know if he was going to show up or not.

So when it got to like 12.30 and there's no axl backstage...maybe they're scared to pull SOAD and set up for GNR if GNR may not be showing up.....so they get SOAD to keep playing.

Then axl appears dead on his start time...but then it takes 30 mins to pull the last act stuff down, and 30 mins to set up for GNR...bingo we're an hour late.

GNR's perspective would be that it's not their fault, they were ready to play at 1 and the festival was running behind, from the Festivals perspective they had to run behind because they had no idea what GNR were going.

pure speculation on my behalf...just trying to establish a theory that makes sense with everyone's statements.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Not saying Axl is above something like this, but the guy is late a lot and for the most part he never bothers to excuse it. When he does he might have reason.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

guys..guys..guys...you're wasting your neurons on this. Have you ever read this kind of shit about U2 or Metallica or Aerosmith or [insert big name band here]...??

NO!!

There is only one problem here, it was huffy, sulky, off-form and dressed like a gangsta canary enabled by his terrified and hapless handlers who now also hold the GNR steering wheel.

There are communication devices called phones which could have been easily used by Del/Beta/the band/the organisers to call Axl and to ask him  the magic question:

"what time are you arriving at dude? You ok to go on at 1am?"

Once it was established that it was 1am then SOAD would have been pulled off well in time and GNR put on. Bands cannot kidnap a stage and play for as long as they like. Bands are only as good on stage as the electricity supply given to them, so getting SOAD off would entail the simple act o flicking  a switch. EASY.

Stop covering for the guy. Its just sad at this stage and belongs at HTGTH.

The Facebook message was crass, rude and showed a complete lack of empathy for fans (note it made no mention of issues at Rio). Its the ramblings of an inconsiderate bachelor millionaire with no real world responsibilities (i.e. kids, jobs etc) who is sourrounded by people he pays to tell him what he needs to hear.

He must think he’s worth standing in a stadium for hours on end on a work night getting stiff legs and a sore back just to wait for a little ray of joy in return for the millions of dollars paid by fans towards  tickets, gas, baby sitters, hotels and airfare just to see him huff, blow, sulk and fuck up songs that frankly he has no business fucking up working at his level. Well Axl, I fucking don’t think you are and by the looks of the newswires, I am not alone.

Once again Axl is heading to do crucial business in the US with a shit storm of hatred and fan exasperation being directed at him which is all of his own making. Same shit year after year.

Does he ever get bored of fucking up the same way all of the time?

Board footer