You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Santiago, Chile - October 5, 2011

Gibbo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And that's the show. Thanks to Caroline and CDWT over on Twitter for setlist updates, and Del James and others for pics.

Full setlist:

Setlist:

01 Chinese Democracy
02 Welcome to the Jungle
03 It's So Easy
04 Mr. Brownstone
05 Sorry
06 Better
--- Richard Fortus Guitar Solo [James Bond Theme]
07 Live and Let Die
08 This I Love
09 Estranged
10 Rocket Queen
--- Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
11 Street of Dreams
12 You Could Be Mine
--- DJ Ashba Guitar Solo
13 Sweet Child O' Mine
--- Jam [Another Brick in the Wall Part II]
14 November Rain
--- Bumblefoot Guitar Solo [Pink Panther Theme]
15 Don't Cry
16 Riff Raff [AC/DC cover]
17 Knockin' On Heaven's Door
18 Nightrain

ENCORE:
19 Patience
20 Paradise City

Thanks axlin for that

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

whens the next show

johndivney wrote:

good set but too many ballads esp now the 9min Estranged is in that section after LALD before YCBM

i'd prefer to drop Stardust but since it's Dizzy's one song i guess it's unmovable which means prob TiL needs cut

& again KOHD could free up space for two songs, Shacklers & Perfect Crime or TAY or RNDTH. or Prostitute (tho i think it gets swapped for TiL whenever it's played). or even TWAT!

edit - oh yea thanks Axlin (& others) 4updates

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Considering the weak condition of his voice... I think that's the reason they upped the ballads.

They realize there's more chance for the ballads to be easier on him.

gibbo wrote:

whens the next show

Saturday, October 8th in La Plata, Argentina

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The videos tonight were interesting. I'm hoping for more to leak in the next day or two that are full audience recordings.

I wasn't that impressed with what I saw. Jungle sounded like 2006, LALD sounded like 2002, and YCBM sounded like 'weak 2006'.

Definitely another mixed bag, and certainly not "improving" ('other' boards opinions).

I just know that I don't want to go see a 2002 show, sans Robin & Bucket. Would you?

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And that's the show. Thanks to Caroline and CDWT over on Twitter for setlist updates, and Del James and others for pics.

Full setlist:

Setlist:

01 Chinese Democracy
02 Welcome to the Jungle
03 It's So Easy
04 Mr. Brownstone
05 Sorry
06 Better
--- Richard Fortus Guitar Solo [James Bond Theme]
07 Live and Let Die
08 This I Love
09 Estranged
10 Rocket Queen
--- Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
11 Street of Dreams
12 You Could Be Mine
--- DJ Ashba Guitar Solo
13 Sweet Child O' Mine
--- Jam [Another Brick in the Wall Part II]
14 November Rain
--- Bumblefoot Guitar Solo [Pink Panther Theme]
15 Don't Cry
16 Riff Raff [AC/DC cover]
17 Knockin' On Heaven's Door
18 Nightrain

ENCORE:
19 Patience
20 Paradise City

Thanx Axlin08! 22

Estranged, November Rain and Don't Cry in ONE show! Please make that a habit!
smile

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I have no idea why but I just spent a  little time on mygnr(first time since March I believe) and what a  fucking shit show with people saying Axl's on fire and has never sounded better and who needs practice and blah blah blah. What a  bunch of clowns.  It took everything I had not to reply to some moron who went on to trash every member of the old band in an attempt to stick up for Axl saying Axl just needed better players to play with to take it to the next level. Seriously half that board can and shoudl go straight to hell.

I wouldn't take out This I Love.  They should drop KOHD instantly. Enough with it already.

they should play DC, NR and Estranged in the proper order though 14

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
-D- wrote:

Now THAT sounds pretty fucking awesome

Maybe like Baz says, it takes him a while to warm up his vocal cords and maybe with the werid Rio schedule, he didn't get to properly.  if that is the difference.. then he has my permission to be as late as needed for my show.

I was gonna bring this up, he couldnt possibly have got a later start than Rio or else it would have been breakfast time, and he still sucked. Kinda blows the Axl goes on late so he's super duper preparded excuse out the water. Axl doesnt have to be late ANYTIME - the guy has to take his obligations more serious and give himself a boot in the arse and get prepared in time for showtime, just like everyone else in the band.
The band was in Chile signing autographs and he was still back in his hotel room in Brazil... this guy needs a fucking slap round the dish and told to wisen up, not fucking mollycoddled by nannys and servants 24/7.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

So they played Oh My God?!

From Twitter:

GunsNRosesCD: Oh My God is currently performed at the show in Chile! WoW! Glad it to have it back in the setlist along with Estranged!
thu, okt 06 08:17:16 from Facebook

johndivney wrote:

^ that's prob a fake/hoax naltav
it's not an official gnr account

Olorin wrote:

The band was in Chile signing autographs and he was still back in his hotel room in Brazil... this guy needs a fucking slap round the dish and told to wisen up, not fucking mollycoddled by nannys and servants 24/7.

he'll never wise up
& if he got slapped "round the dish" he'd take his ball & go home
but yea the mollycoddling by the nanny & servants is harmful shit in some respect but, getting in before monkeychow here, it's maybe the only way to get anything out of axl given he's such a nutjob.

Board footer