You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Santiago, Chile - October 5, 2011

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Am I alone in hoping they follow through with Oh My God?

I have never felt the love for the song by some fans, although I will say I believe the song has potential, but I have yet to hear a version fulfil it.

I would be interested for them to play it and hopefully have tweaked it to the song it could be.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Am I alone in hoping they follow through with Oh My God?

No I like oh my god. Even more with all that crazy shit and distorted voice going on. The funky disco upbeat bit too. Don't know why so many people slated it, felt quite bad ass when I first heard it

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I always liked OMG, rushed out and bought that soundtrack the day it was released, never knew what to expect. I was suprised but was impressed that he seemed to be trying something different with a post Slash GNR, and how heavy the track was blew my mind, I loved it.

Never liked the live version though, always puzzled me why people on the boards seem to favour that over the studio version... but whatever, I'd still love to see em give it a run out live again.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

They are not going to play any new songs. End of discussion. At this point, I would be happy to see TWAT and Estranged played regularly.

At least tonight they won't be playing in a Monsoon. tongue

By the first American show, we will have heard one new song. I'd bet Axlin's life on it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:

My world

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think we will hear a new song

I think he didn't want to debut it at RIR due to the terrible weather conditions and he realizing he wasn't up to snuff and didn't want the new song to be heard in a subpar fashion.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

I think we will hear a new song

I think he didn't want to debut it at RIR due to the terrible weather conditions and he realizing he wasn't up to snuff and didn't want the new song to be heard in a subpar fashion.

Again what does rain have to do with song selection? U2(I use them as an example caus eit's waht I know) debuted Mercy for the first time EVER in Zurch in 2010 in torential rain. What makes Gn'R so different that the weather effects their song selection? The answer is nothing. I will never buy for one second that weather plays a part in what songs they decide to play.  If they had wanted to play a new song and didn't it's cause he realized he was shitting the bed not because of rain.  Funny how they managed to play Estranged for the first time ever despite the horrible weather conditions. That was in essence a brand new song for this band and there was even more pressure to deliver a  great performance of that song than a  new song so NO weather played no part.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Well for their sake I hope this concert and the next few go well otherwise it could be a looong couple of months coming up for them.

I'm pretty confident this one will go better, as long as he can read his TelePrompTer then everything should be fine.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I always thought Oh My God was terribly underrated, and was quite possibly the best rocker to emerge from the CD sessions (so far).

Board footer