You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Santiago, Chile - October 5, 2011

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

This starts in what..... 45 minutes?  Thats' when Gn'R hits the stage?

yeah scheduled for 10pm est (11 local)

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

1.U2 consistently release music.. so no offense but a brand new u2 song isn't THAT big of a deal whereas anything new GNR wise is major *maybe not for the right reasons but it is

2. Axl may have known his voice wasn't up to snuff and didn't want people's first introduction to a new song to be muddled with subpar vocals

I'm going with theory #2.  I agree Gn'R debuting a  new song is a bigger deal than most bands debuting a  new song simply based on the fact it would show the fanbase there is something more to come... maybe.   I hear what you're saying about Axl not wanting to fuck up a  new song but he's better off debuting a  new song and fucking it up than not showing anything new. There was way more pressure to get Estranged right than a  new song that nobody has heard before right because how would we even know the difference? Plus doing a  new song live for the first time ever people would let any percievd screw ups slide based on the fact they had the balls to finally debute something new.

I can't see rain playing into something like this, other than effecting Axl's mood.  My honest opinion is they had no intentions ever in playing any new material at RIR

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

I can't see rain playing into something like this, other than effecting Axl's mood.  My honest opinion is they had no intentions ever in playing any new material at RIR

i agree

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I also never thought a new song was in the cards at Rio either.

Riff Raff is assumingly the AC/DC song, and i'm going with the thought that Going Down is some sort of band jam.

jppgnr
 Rep: 18 

jppgnr wrote:

Second band just started

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Axl is such an enigma though.. I mean how the fuck do u pull off Estranged but fuck up Patience? and then NR?

just strange shit

Also, Patience is the most fucked up song in GNR history imo.. he screwed it up at RIR III and countless other times on tour..

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They're setting up the stage for GNR right now.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

From someone at the gig named Carolina.

x28a07f04.jpg

I got excited when I saw the white thing in the picture. Thought it was a bucket, but it's the storm trooper helmet. Hopefully Ron doesn't wear it while playing the Jungle solo this time.

wink

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

that thing is hillarious

ist fucking huge!

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

any stream for this yet?