You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Guns N' Roses Rock in Rio Freefall!

-D- wrote:

Im only disappointed cause we seem to always get the one step forward/2 steps back approcah with GNR.. Just when u  think Axl is gonna have his Rocky moment and come back and rule the world again *2006* something happens... after the way the 2010 tour ended, as strong as he was sounding and seemingly the shape he got himself back into.. I was very hopeful 2011 would be a return to 2006 form..... So when i saw the RIR.... It just deflated me like a motherfucker... and maybe thats my fault for actually having expectations. but to see Axl seemingly starting from square 1 again is disappointing and I feel bad for him. It kills me to see someone i have such high regard/respect/and fandom for consistently miss opportunities and hurt his legacy further when he should be celebrated as one of the greatest of all time.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Good thread, man. And pics.

I think you point out some interesting stuff, I didn't even consider anything back stage happening like that. I think a lot of stuff went wrong. Some stuff we didn't see, either. I think he did try to make some of it light when he was genuinely pissed and would have split a few years ago.

And you're right about The General. The intro was different. I thought it was about to lead into an actual song.

johndivney wrote:

cheers for great report & awesome pics

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Damage control. I knew that after this disaster that there will be people who'll try to convince us that we didn't see what we did see.

Anyway, I hope that the tour will get better. A lot better.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Damage control. I knew that after this disaster that there will be people who'll try to convince us that we didn't see what we did see.

You can't erase what we witnessed, albeit through a live stream and not in person.  I have no doubt it wasn't as bad at the venue, but still.  It was not a great performance to say the least.

But, as you said, all we can do is hope it was just one bad night and things get better going forward.  They seem to be on the right track after last night.

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:
faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

You can't erase what we witnessed, albeit through a live stream and not in person.  I have no doubt it wasn't as bad at the venue, but still.  It was not a great performance to say the least.

But, as you said, all we can do is hope it was just one bad night and things get better going forward.  They seem to be on the right track after last night.

Not that bad? Are you kidding me? It was the best concert of my life! In the past 2 years I have been to many concerts, including concerts and tour that the media please, like Bon Jovi, Metallica, and even the recording of the latest AC/DC dvd, on Buenos Aires, I was there.

And it's impossible to describe how the concert was to me. Or to anyone around me. I didn't see any person that didn't love. I later compared the stream with crowd recording. The mix of the stream is terrible.

I'm not justifying anything, I know Axl didn't sound not even close as he was last year, and it's unbeliavable that he can't remember his own lyrics, but still... It was the best concert of my life, I couldn't stop cheering the band. Watch it agian, the band is cheered all concert long.

You can say what you want, but the 100,000 people who were there loved it. And this is way more important than satisfying fans that are just watching the stream. With all due respect, of course, I know we're all fans equally, but you know what I mean.

I was also very impressed how everyone knew the lyrics of the new songs!
Well, the thing is, the band sounded amazing, and Axl didn't sound bad. Best concert of my life. I would trade all the concerts I have already been to, just to live that again.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Wow.  Whatever you were smoking before/during/after the concert must be shared with the rest of us.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

OMGgggggggggggggggg. Love hearing the OMG rehearsal! PLEASE get a soundboard quality version of this song out yikes

One of the few new GNR songs that doesn't feel throwbacky to me. Really wish Axl and the early 2000 lineup continued in that style.

Finally got to see a nice chunk of the show and it was pretty disappointing in some ways, but it wasn't as bad as all the comments I have been reading.   Axl wasn't prepared, and the performance wasn't as good as it was 10 years ago in Rio.   But the reality is, Axl was 10 years younger than and had a better band behind him.   I think he will get better as the tour progresses and I hope they make some west coast dates!    I haven't been following GnR as closely over the last couple years and my interest died down a lot after Robin left, but I will always be willing to go see the latest incarnation of Guns N' Roses, regardless of whose in it!

The show was probably better to those attending it, its just a shame that was the show that was broadcast to the world sad

Estranged was killer!   I never enjoyed that song live but BBF nailed it and Axl sounded great.   He still has it, I just think he needs to put a little more preparation into these kinds of things after his touring breaks.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Wow.  Whatever you were smoking before/during/after the concert must be shared with the rest of us.

Agreed. If that was the best concert of his life, he must go to horrendously shitty concerts on a regular basis.

Board footer