You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Bon Jovi-These Days

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:
-D- wrote:

Was going through terrible breakup and this song right here.. FUCK!!!! still gives me chills. and makes my eyes water:

Wow what are the chances. I was going through a horrible breakup too when I was listening to that album. Awful breakup, lost friends, girlfriend (which in retrospect I'm thankful for she was bad news) and then broke my fucking arm in the middle of it and THEN had someone close to me die, all in the space of 3 weeks. Ha ha. Fucking sounds ridiculously over the top writing it out. Funny. Life is crazy.
I though that's why the album has such a profound impact on me. Great to see it's the emotional weight of the music that carries it and not just my own crazy ass memories.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Damn... good thing you didn't pick up AIC's Tripod at the same time, you wouldn't be here today. 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

awesome Capt America Jacket.

50 years old still kicking ass!

cant wait for new album next year. hopefully gets away from the poppy shit

561279_10150913478017000_735600416_n.jpg

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I think it's a fantastic album and is serverly underrated because it came out during the "grunge era"  I'm not sure it's hands down his best but it's top three for sure.

New Jersey is awesome I think and Slippery When Wet kills based on nostalgia factor alone and I love the song Wild in the Streets. It's ust fun. These Days is awesome though. Probably the Bon Jovi album I have listend to most and possible his only album without filler.

Here's a cover of Something To Believe In by Gareth Rhodes the same guy who does all those Gn'R covers

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

I love this album. I picked it up back in '95 when it  came out, and it was the first album I ever bought. My sister, the same person that got me into GNR, had bought me Crossroads the year before, and Bon Jovi had become one of my favorite bands. I saw These Days at a department store, picked it up, and listened to it all the way threw as soon as I got home. It was the first time I just laid there and listened to music. I've been catching shit for being a Bon Jovi fan ever since. smile And it helped me through a breakup too, many years later.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yep, I think Bon Jovi were on a winning streak from Slippery When Wet, New Jersey, Keep The Faith and These Days, but they kinda lost me after that, probably more because my music tastes were getting heavier at the time.

I still remember seeing Bon Jovi on the These Days Australian tour, and they played at Eastern Creek Raceway, (the same place I'd missed seeing GN'R in 1993 17), and they were great.

Say what you will about them releasing middle of the road rock for the last 10 years or more, but these guys fucking ROCKED the shit outta Eastern Creek on that tour. 9

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer