You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Best Buckethead moment

polluxlm wrote:

This poll was going to be larger, but seeing as utube won't let me upload with gnr music I had to use what I found.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

If anyone knows another way to do this please tell. I'm looking to do this for Axl and Slash too, but if I can't upload say the Locomotive solo youtube doesn't cut it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

TWAT is his best moment. It's genious

Sky Dog wrote:

none of them touch this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV8RoNePzfI

Sky Dog wrote:

oh, for the record, I will take Madagascar at Rio.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Twat for sure in this poll - that solo when added to Axl's vocals elevated the song to a new level.

Although I like the shred in bucket's nighttrain (respect the skills!) I'm of the opinon that he lost part of the character of the song. This will sound nuts but the slash version tells me a story. Something about the way it swaps between shreddy bits and bends sounds sort of reckless, and out of control like the song is about. Buckets version is sort of a more badass solo but it dosn't have the same context and character to me. Not sure if i'm the only one who feels this.

The madagascar solo i've never understood the love for. I love the lyrics and Axl's melodies in that song deeply..and the ending moments of the solo are cool the way it brings it back to the verse - but generally it doesn't seem to do much for me. I seem to be odd in this respect though as I think most people adore it.

I truely wish we'd seen a moment like soothsayer or notthingham lace from bucket in GNRthough. Who knows - maybe there's something on CD2.

Sky Dog wrote:

The Madagascar solo is just laid back and cool as hell. It fits the song perfectly.

The Nightrain solo is not good at all.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Slash fits the song better. Buckethead does it so unique though, and he still manages to hit all the important bends. In a vacuum they're just as good.

Sky Dog wrote:

I'm not in a vacuum.....I'm in the real world. tongue

Board footer