You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Re: Chinese Democracy Re-Release With US Tour?

Manets wrote:

From MisterSaintLaurent on February:
http://mistersaintlaurent.proboards.com … thread=346

A full North American arena tour and Best Buy exclusive reissue of Chinese Democracy would both launch on March 29. The tour would run through May 17 and hit 30 markets, including NY, LA, Vegas, Ft. Lauderdale, Boston, Detroit, Toronto, Indianapolis, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Tampa, Philly, DC, Denver, San Jose, Calgary, Winnipeg, Omaha and Houston.

30 dates. Yep. All announced dates so far are on that list.

But why is Doc McGhee having so much trouble finalizing a North American tour? Multiple sponsors have already signed on, including John Varvatos, Bloomingdales and Deleon Tequila. Companies such as Monster Energy and Harley-Davidson have had discussions with GNR as well about sponsoring a tour.

Monster Energy Drink, yep. John Varvatos, yep. They have Guns N' Roses t-shirts on their new collection, the ones with the tour logo.

From his video:

Atlas
Cuban Skies
Going Down
Jackie Chan
Light My Fire
Monstrosity
Silk Worms
Soul Monster
The General
Thyme
Tonto

Going Down. Big yep!

Well, we've all seen that Guns N' Roses has being testing new stage set on South America. Maybe they wanna get in US with full power. With Axl rehearsaled and the stage tested.

And don't forget: Chinese Democracy has being vanished from US for sometime now. Like if it had never been released.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

now all Axl needs to do is use his considerable wealth to hire a personal trainer and nutrionist and get a Duff level of fitness on. With his old hair back, the bandana and a chisled chin it could be a great visual comeback for him.
Being that fit would also give him back his vocal chops and tons of stamina.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Hmmm... Interesting!

But if they're gonna re-release CD in about two weeks, I would guess something would start to leak out.
Unless it's only a simple re-release of the same album we got in '08 (with no bonus material...)

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Was the re-release expected to have new tracks? I'd eat that shit up!

johndivney wrote:

i had a similar thought prior to RiR

like a "what if"
what if the SA leg of the tour goes well/great & there is some kind of detente between Axl & the record label..
it could mean support & promo for the USA leg & eventually the release of CD properly and/or CD2

but relations are so strained it would take a massive cave in from Axl or the label & i don't think either are willing to meet the others demands.
& of course RiR sucked the life outta the party before it even got going.

but like naltav says if anything serious had been on the cards we'd have heard about it
all that's gonna happen is they play the USA shows & disappear into the new year, and then maybe forever.

Sky Dog wrote:

There is not gonna be a re-release....you can forget about that.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I wish they'd drop an EP or something with some new songs.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I don't see the label making any money on a bare rerelease. Either it's CDII or an EP or nothing (most likely).

Lomax wrote:
Manets wrote:

From MisterSaintLaurent on February:
http://mistersaintlaurent.proboards.com … thread=346

A full North American arena tour and Best Buy exclusive reissue of Chinese Democracy would both launch on March 29. The tour would run through May 17 and hit 30 markets, including NY, LA, Vegas, Ft. Lauderdale, Boston, Detroit, Toronto, Indianapolis, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Tampa, Philly, DC, Denver, San Jose, Calgary, Winnipeg, Omaha and Houston.

30 dates. Yep. All announced dates so far are on that list.

But why is Doc McGhee having so much trouble finalizing a North American tour? Multiple sponsors have already signed on, including John Varvatos, Bloomingdales and Deleon Tequila. Companies such as Monster Energy and Harley-Davidson have had discussions with GNR as well about sponsoring a tour.

Monster Energy Drink, yep. John Varvatos, yep. They have Guns N' Roses t-shirts on their new collection, the ones with the tour logo.

From his video:

Atlas
Cuban Skies
Going Down
Jackie Chan
Light My Fire
Monstrosity
Silk Worms
Soul Monster
The General
Thyme
Tonto

Going Down. Big yep!

Well, we've all seen that Guns N' Roses has being testing new stage set on South America. Maybe they wanna get in US with full power. With Axl rehearsaled and the stage tested.

And don't forget: Chinese Democracy has being vanished from US for sometime now. Like if it had never been released.

I usually laugh at these theories and wouldn't even bother to post BUT, that's a hell of a lot of coincidences.

I agree with Mc and Polluxlm though.  An EP would make much more sense.  If they re-issue chinese it should at the very least have the decent proper packaging that's surfaced online and some new tracks.

Out of interest have they named this new NA tour yet?

They still calling it  the "Chinese Democracy" tour?

If so I doubt we'll see a new album, they'd brand the tour differently if they were planning on releasing a new album. To NOT do so would be retarded.

You name the tour after whatever it is you are trying to sell to people so that when you buy ad-space for your tour in the media you're also advertising a product. I'm no expert, but that's how it seems to work. These guys are selling CD on this tour I think. (just checked and according to CD.com it's the Chi Dem 2011 tour)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer