You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Cordoba, Argentina - Orfeo Superdomo (Oct 12, 2011)

misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:
madagas wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Estranged is a masterpiece, the pinnacle of Guns N' Roses. It shits on every other song in the set.

I always thought Bucket would nail Estranged in a live setting. However, the studio version is the shit. Everything is perfect and no other guitar player at the time, in the world, could have played it better than Slash. Estranged and Coma are Axl's and Slash's masterpieces together. SCOM is their pop/rock masterpiece, but those other two are the pinnacle of their artistic capabilities.

I know one wants to hear/believe this, but I always knew Robin would've killed on Estranged. What's funny is that I always envisioned that it would've been played with him the way it's being played with DJ; someone else doing most of the main melody solos and Robin taking the one near the end.

I think Robin and Bucket both would have been amazing.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Street of Dreams/There Was A Time, Robin & Bucket duo probably could've done something interesting. Their harmony together was great at times, others, not so much.

Robin by himself.... I thank God, Jesus, Buddha, the Sun God, and The Tall Man himself that never happened.

No offense. Estranged is my favorite song ever.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
DCK wrote:

If Bucket had laid his hands on creating those solos, I'm sure it would have been even better. Wops, did I say that out loud? bucket

Epic scenario..cannot compute...

johndivney wrote:

some weird opinions itt

they've always had a slightly quicker tempo to Estranged when it's played live.
these days it is a little more groovier & decorated.
but lesser for that.
studio is perfect.
slash is god.

Sky Dog wrote:
Cramer wrote:
madagas wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Was he screaming at the help or what? This guy can be such a loser sometimes.

nobody knows....but feel free to assume the worst.:rolleyes:

Oh really? Assume the worst? What would you assume by watching that particular video? That Axl wasn't an asshole? Who are you kidding?

Axl's not an asshole...he is just misunderstood!:haha:

ps...I am kidding there!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Board footer