You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Made in Stoke 24/7/11 Special Edition [2 CD + DVD]Pre-order

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
gibbo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Hell yeah...i'm getting this....2 CDs and a DVD....the only question is will there be a Blu Ray version...

yer there is mate

Oh sweet. I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

I haven't got blue ray Player worth getting one do ya reckon mate

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hard for me to answer because I'm also a home cinema nerd...so it's kinda like saying "Should I go see GNR?" - the answer for me would be a definate yes but I realise for some people they don't care like I would.

The improvments are somewhat reliant on your set-up...that is...if you have a 1080 resolution TV and a good stereo attached then you get the benifits of the HD picture and as Russ says the higher sound quality.

Which isn't to say these things arn't of benifit anyway, only that at some point what you see and hear becomes more about what you're watching on than the format you're watching. For example my mum still has a CRT TV and listens to stuff in mono - she's not even getting the benifits of DVD when she watches a DVD so no point in her upgrading.

Then again, in my set up, where I've built a home theare with a projection system and wired in my whole stereo and stuff...the difference between a dvd and a blu ray is very obvious during playback.

Another thing is that BD is cheap now, and most of them can upscale DVDs nicely too - so generally it's a nice gadget to have - although you do have to be somewhat careful of region locking and so on unfortunately.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'll probably pick this up if just for collector's purposes because I saw one of the shows on that tour.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Hard for me to answer because I'm also a home cinema nerd...so it's kinda like saying "Should I go see GNR?" - the answer for me would be a definate yes but I realise for some people they don't care like I would.

The improvments are somewhat reliant on your set-up...that is...if you have a 1080 resolution TV and a good stereo attached then you get the benifits of the HD picture and as Russ says the higher sound quality.

Which isn't to say these things arn't of benifit anyway, only that at some point what you see and hear becomes more about what you're watching on than the format you're watching. For example my mum still has a CRT TV and listens to stuff in mono - she's not even getting the benifits of DVD when she watches a DVD so no point in her upgrading.

Then again, in my set up, where I've built a home theare with a projection system and wired in my whole stereo and stuff...the difference between a dvd and a blu ray is very obvious during playback.

Another thing is that BD is cheap now, and most of them can upscale DVDs nicely too - so generally it's a nice gadget to have - although you do have to be somewhat careful of region locking and so on unfortunately.

yer iv got a pretty good set up 50 inch plasma and a yamaha souround sound worth around $7,000 just havent got around to getting a blue ray player

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slash-Stoke-fea … B005KLN056
Check the customer review out this is gonna be killer

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

gibbo do you have HD TV? do you care if stations are broadcast in HD?

there is a difference in picture but its really up to the individual whether its a necessity or not..i have a bluray player but thats only cuz it came free with my TV otherwise i probably wouldnt...i have like 2 bluray disks for the most part we just watch dvd's on it, but it does upgrade the DVD's picture too

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah dude with those yamaha sourround toys I'd go a BD player straight into your amp - listen to the uncompressed sound...with an HDMi connection...there's no going back...and you can get a player for pretty cheap these days...last one I got was only about $200 and it's been a while so probably less again these days.

This gig looks kick ass...shame they didn't play "Sucker Tain Blues" but I'm pretty happy with the set list overall!

So seems i'm going to need the 2CD pack and the BD lol.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
Neemo wrote:

gibbo do you have HD TV? do you care if stations are broadcast in HD?

there is a difference in picture but its really up to the individual whether its a necessity or not..i have a bluray player but thats only cuz it came free with my TV otherwise i probably wouldnt...i have like 2 bluray disks for the most part we just watch dvd's on it, but it does upgrade the DVD's picture too

Yer iv got a Panasonic 50” Full High Definition 3D i didnt know it made your dvds better cool

Board footer