You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: Could the tide be turning

Scabbie wrote:

Just seen the premier of the estranged video from Argentina on blabbermouth.

To be fair there are some positive comments even from those who don't hold a torch for Axl.

See how easy it is Axl? He really looks into estranged. Its given me a good feeling watching it.

I'm sure if he switched some of the covers for other uyi faves he would win a lot of older fans back who might be then a little more open to any new material they have.

I'd really like to see the current band have a real successful stint - it's about time isn't it? I think it would make a lot of us 'hardcores' feel better too!

Sky Dog wrote:

While I hope for the best, reality will set in when they hit the states and are playing for crowds of 5000-7500 in half empty arenas. We will see how "into" it he is then.

I personally think they over booked the US again. We will see soon enough.

Sky Dog wrote:

and...I don't think the tide will turn until they complete a US tour and don't cancel any scheduled, confirmed shows (shows where tickets actually went on sale).

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I'm not sure there is a tide, or even was a tide at any point in the past, but I see what you mean.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Not sure about any tide turning...

But this is definetly a step in the right direction!

That video is from their official YouTube-page, right?  smile

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=164769

[youtube]FgdfrIMZ1OM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Did anyone else think of this when you saw the thread title?

Anyway...
It might be turning!

With the live event market as soft as it is, I'm not sure half full arenas at 5,000 or 7,000 is a bad thing. A bunch of rock acts would probably love to have that. I do hope the promoters are able to make money...don't know what Guns fee is. One would hope that the big festivals allowed them to lower their fee for the US?
Or something.

We need a concert business pseudo expert on this forum! Now!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:

God I wish Frank played on the illusions. He's excellent.

Axl's face at the end of that is priceless "Oh yeahhhhh. "

Sky Dog wrote:

changed my mind....:P

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Maybe..

AlGore.jpg&sa=X&ei=krOcTqmVCYHqOajUwMYJ&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFGrkmGSzOZ0mULnrM1B7iSXdPthQ

But how long before?

tsunami.jpg&sa=X&ei=ArOcTo7oGYuaOtmh8YIJ&ved=0CAwQ8wc4Jg&usg=AFQjCNFWXk4D_OUn2Q6KrYbxlHN13T0XQQ

Board footer