You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Could the tide be turning

misterID wrote:

Come on guys, we all know those reviewers were lying just to try and make Buzz look bad.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The point is that in spite of all these things you guys keep bringing up, album sales plummeted everywhere after 2 weeks. You guys blame media (good review), lack of hits, potntial hits; I'm not even sure I can keep up with all of the excuses.  The fact is that marketing was not the reason for it's sudden demise, and even if it was, what's going to change next time other than no curiosity factor?  It could be a great album, it doesn't change the fact it couldn't be given away in the US any more than tickets could be. Don't blame me for pointing out the obvious.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

No, not a chance. It may have sold better and probably would have, but the problems are much bigger than that. Who mentioned denial earlier?  He was spot on, but targeting the wrong side.

Poor marketing is probably to blame for the declining free streams on the website too, right?  If they just would have promoted song #12 just a little better, people would have listened all the way through...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm not arguing or making excuses. The album sold well. Could it have sold better if it were a wider release, ie: not a BB exclusive and Axl decided to come out of his house? Yeah, but it wasn't a bomb or failure. When I point out the reasons like selling 3 million around the world, 400,000 in the states you say it doesn't count... For whatever reason.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

No, not a chance. It may have sold better and probably would have, but the problems are much bigger than that. Who mentioned denial earlier?  He was spot on, but targeting the wrong side.

Poor marketing is probably to blame for the declining free streams on the website too, right?  If they just would have promoted song #12 just a little better, people would have listened all the way through...

So just to be clear; the album got great reviews and many long time Guns N' Roses fans like the album very much, but proper promotion wouldn't have helped it sell better?

Is that what I said?  I don't think that's what I said.  I think I said

It may have sold better and probably would have

but maybe I am not remembering what I said correctly.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I pointed out the reviews when making my point since they support what I was saying.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Still waiting for someone to address this part...

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I do agree that to some extent the tide is or at least could be changing, I just encourage some restraint on the level of that change.  As we all know, things change direction on a whim from one person.

I'll be encouraged if they can complete a US tour with no incidents or cancellations with arenas being at least half full.  To me, that will be progress.

I also said this since some people are (like usual) in a hurry to dismiss anything I say as just being negative.  I'm not sure when objective became negative...

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm not pointing you out as negative, I'm pointing you out as stubborn.

buzzsaw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Still waiting for someone to address this part...

And? There's your curiosity listeners right there, Buzz. Some people didn't like what they heard. You also have to consider you had a lot of repeated listens to certain songs. TIL had a lot of plays and it was near the bottom.

Board footer