You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Could the tide be turning

misterID wrote:

Bono, if it's that important to you, if it makes you that upset, then okay. The majority of people who bought CD were walking through a BB  (in America)and picked it up out of curiosity, or were sitting at their computer, saw CD was out (without reading anything further) and decided to get up, go to BB and buy the album. And when they took it home they hated it. This is your theory based on how you think those 600,000 copies were sold in the US and that's exactly how it happened. Hope you feel better. smile

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Re: CD vs as TWAT as single.

CD had a long ass intro with computer sound. Hopeless. At least TWAT is on the money from the first second of the song. Radio played tnat long ass Metallica song here over and over. Didn't stop any PR there. TWAT could have worked just as well as CD. Couldn't have been worse. All the critics loved it, even those who thought the album was a pile of shit loved TWAT.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bono, if it's that important to you, if it makes you that upset, then okay. The majority of people who bought CD were walking through a BB and picked it up out of curiosity, or were sitting at their computer, saw CD was out (without reading anything further) and decided to get up, go to BB and buy the album. And when they took it home they hated it. This is your theory based on how you think those 600,000 copies were sold in the US and that's exactly how it happened. Hope you feel better. smile

FUCK YOU for intentionally not aknowledgeing what I'm actually saying. I never once said MOST of the people who bought CD bought it on impulse. I said a lot probably did. I sited  two examples. one of a buddy who did this exact thing and one of myself who buys albums this way often. Those aren't good enough examples for some of you because my real life experienecs don't speak for eveyone. No shit sherlock but they do show that people do buy albums on impulse and they do prove that some(likely many) people bought the album without doing any real research or looking into it at all or without even hearing it beforehand.   Did I deny that people listend to the myspace stream first? Nope. Never.  But NO not everyone who bought CD typed Chinese Democracy into google. Not everyone who bought CD listend to it via the myspace page first. Not everyone who bought CD  LOVED it. lots did, lots didn't. the people who listend to the myspace stream and then chose to buy it more than likely did love it. Those who listend and didn't buy it probably didn't like it.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:

Re: CD vs as TWAT as single.

CD had a long ass intro with computer sound. Hopeless. At least TWAT is on the money from the first second of the song. Radio played tnat long ass Metallica song here over and over. Didn't stop any PR there. TWAT could have worked just as well as CD. Couldn't have been worse. All the critics loved it, even those who thought the album was a pile of shit loved TWAT.

Radio stations were cutting off that long intro by the end of the day the song debuted on radio. That intro is a non factor.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bono, if it's that important to you, if it makes you that upset, then okay. The majority of people who bought CD were walking through a BB and picked it up out of curiosity, or were sitting at their computer, saw CD was out (without reading anything further) and decided to get up, go to BB and buy the album. And when they took it home they hated it. This is your theory based on how you think those 600,000 copies were sold in the US and that's exactly how it happened. Hope you feel better. smile

FUCK YOU

You're welcome.

Bono wrote:

for intentionally not aknowledgeing what I'm actually saying. I never once said MOST of the people who bought CD bought it on impulse. I said a lot probably did. I sited  two examples. one of a buddy who did this exact thing and one of myself who buys albums this way often. Those aren't good enough examples for some of you because my real life experienecs don't speak for eveyone. No shit sherlock but they do show that people do buy albums on impulse and they do prove that some(likely many) people bought the album without doing any real research or looking into it at all or without even hearing it beforehand.   Did I deny that people listend to the myspace stream first? Nope. Never.  But NO not everyone who bought CD typed Chinese Democracy into google. Not everyone who bought CD listend to it via the myspace page first. Not everyone who bought CD  LOVED it. lots did, lots didn't. the people who listend to the myspace stream and then chose to buy it more than likely did love it. Those who listend and didn't buy it probably didn't like it.

And... if you read what I was saying the whole time you'd see that the only thing I was arguing was that your scenerio could have indeed happened, just not on any grand scale, seeing how most consumers are more tuned into products they buy now, because of the internet.

Bono wrote:

Most purchases likely came from impulse buys when people saw the damn thing in the new release section.

I don't think there were a large number of impulse purchases. But, that's my opinion. But I never sugested that everyone researched it or streamed it, just that those options, like clicking a link or whatever, were open to a lot more people than you were considering.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Opening CD with a TWAT video as the lead single with Buckethead's solo would have blown people away.

No it woudln't because the average Joe wouldn't see the Buckethead solo the way hardcore fans on these message boards do. I like Buckethead and even I don't see what's so great about the TWAT solo.  the song is too long for a lead single and it would bore radio listeners. In 2008 music videos wouldn't have the impact it used to anyways.  It would not be Slash walking outta the chruch or  rising up outta the water all over again. TWAT as a lead single woudl've been so much worse than CD

It should've been a single. With a video in which Buckethead emerges from a chicken coop atop that same cliff from November Rain, aces the solo and is then beamed up by the mothership to return to his home planet, his work here on Earth done.

bucket

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Two US shows down.

Possible interview with eddie trunk.

Maybe the tide is still to turn, but I feel the current.

Board footer