You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Mexico City - Palacio de los Deportes - October 18, 2011

Axlin16 wrote:

Setlist is starting to get boring.

That's basically what I heard in 2006, sans Estranged and TIL (which i'm fine with).

I REALLY hope they change it up for the launch of the NA tour.

I'd rather they keep Whole Lotta Rosie as the main cover, then drop LALD & KOHD. They also could drop Richard's James Bond Theme if LALD is dropped, which would open another door for an additional song on top of that.

hmm

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Why ITW isnt getting played is beyond me. It's on the setlist and it's actually one of the new songs that comes off great live.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

hmm

Not as boring as the tired old bitching about setlists argument.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  It was bound to happen eventually.  I'm actually surprised it took more than a handful of shows.  Nice show of progression.  (Not a shot at you personally Axlin)

imsorry wrote:

Sorry,couldn't resist either... but added more covers to the setlist doesnt help...Fans buy tickets to see  GN'R playing GN'R songs...If them are going to hit US with that setlist a fiasco tour is on the way.If them dont wanna play more Chinese songs 2 or 3 UYI songs doesnt hurt and will make more fans happy.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

((AXL TRIPS, SLASH PISSES BED & AXL GETS GIRL 14))

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … um=twitter
GUNS N' ROSES Singer Slips And Falls On Stage In Mexico (Video) - Oct. 19, 2011
gnrmexico.jpg
GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose took a misstep and fell on stage while performing the song "Knocking On Heaven's Door" during the band's October 18 concert in Mexico City. Video footage of the incident can be seen below. (Note: The fall occurs around the 20-second mark.)

Just a few days after video footage surfaced of Rose angrily telling someone to "get the fuck away from me" as he stormed out of a car and into an airport in Argentina, a new clip of the eccentric singer came online in which he had a friendly chat with fans — while managing to take down former GUNS guitarist Slash in the process.

According to The Pulse Of Radio, Rose is seen in the clip hanging out with fans at a Sheraton hotel in Asuncion, Paraguay before the band's concert there on Friday (October 14). Talking about the early days of GUNS and picking up girls, Rose explained, "I would out-drink (Slash) and then he would pass out. It was great — because he would pass out and piss his pants, and then I would get to be with the girl. So I'd always follow Slash because I knew he was gonna pass out and then I would get the girl. I mean, the girl would be like (screams), 'He just peed in my bed.' And I'd be like, 'It's okay, it's okay.'"

Rose continued, "He would be embarrassed that he pissed the bed, so he didn't care about the girl. The next day, he would ignore it. Like he says it in his book, and (that it happened) once, but no, it happened every time, all the time."

johndivney wrote:

lol@that fall

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Axl handled the situation professionally.

Keep singing once you have a sure footing, get your shit together and get back on stage.

He barely missed a beat there.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

hmm

Not as boring as the tired old bitching about setlists argument.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  It was bound to happen eventually.  I'm actually surprised it took more than a handful of shows.  Nice show of progression.  (Not a shot at you personally Axlin)

Not bitching about setlists and drinking Kool Aid gets old too.

Even their fuckin' solos (other than DJ) are fuckin' covers. The other night I counted EIGHT FUCKING COVERS. EIGHT.

They ain't counting the fact the majority of the set the band playing them other than Axl, didn't write either.

Play our own shit, that's all i'm asking.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

RE Axl's fall:

Why in the fuck were cunts continuing to throw shit at him when he fell?

"If you see someone throw something like this next to you.... beat the fucking shit out of them" - Axl Rose, Argentina 1992

Board footer