You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Guadalajara, Mexico - Arena VFG (Oct. 22, 2011)

Neemo wrote:

Setlist:
01. Chinese Democracy
02. Welcome to the Jungle
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Sorry
06. Estranged
      Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (007 Theme)
07. Live and Let Die
08. This I Love
09. Riff Raff
      Dizzy Reed Piano Solo (Baba O'Riley)
10. Street of Dreams
11. You Could Be Mine
      DJ Ashba Guitar Solo (Mi AMor)
12. Sweet Child O'Mine
      Band Jam (Another Brick In the Wall)
      Axl Rose Piano Solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road)
13. November Rain
      Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther)
14. Don't Cry
15. Rocket Queen
16. Patience
17. Better
18. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
19. Nightrain

Encore:
20. Madagascar 
21. Whole Lotta Rosie 
22. Paradise City

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

You'll get it. The same.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

You'll get it. The same.

No, I meant with Don't Cry and Patience included.

Only Don't Cry is doubtful. They play Patience almost every night. For 20 years.

BTW Tuesday I'll be seeing Tori Amos. She's one of the 2 artists I'd travel abroad (the other is, surprise, Slash).
She's played 16 shows so far this tour, and she has a new back-up band. (The good old rhythm duo of Matt Chamberlain and Jon Evans was left home, with the always changing guitarist). A String Quartet is supporting her now, which meant they had to rearrange most of the songs.
Therefore her set is more stable now than it used to be. It means that she's played 100 (a hundred) songs during the 16 shows. More than half of it only once, so every audience got special numbers. She has yet to play Cornflake Girl and Professional Widow, her biggest hits.

I'm not saying that GN'R should do the Tori Amos route, releasing quality albums in every 2 years, with a dvd or B-sides collection between those, and touring the world in every 2 years with re-arranged songs and sets that differs every night. But if you're not on board with variation and unpredictability, then shut up. That is what disturbs me the most with this band: they are more predictable than AC/DC, yet they're talking about being rock and roll, when the only thing you don't know is whether they'll show up or not, and how late. It's lame. Be rock and roll or shut up.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

I would go to see them, too, if I had the chance. I'm just sick of their 'rock and roll' bullshit, when they are playing safe, predictable and very not rock and roll.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

They're not more predictable than ACDC, at least from what I hear.  They, like MANY bands, have a stable setlist that they play each night without variation.

Now I'm not saying GNR changes things up at a rapid pace, but they do throw in a different song every once in awhile, and they have changed the order of the songs for most of the shows, for whatever that's worth.

johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:

They're not more predictable than ACDC, at least from what I hear.  They, like MANY bands, have a stable setlist that they play each night without variation.

that's irrelevant
they should be judged by their own standards
& (needless to say, but i'll keep on saying it) what they're doing may well be a kick-ass show but it falls short of what it could be, which is reflective of the condition of the enterprise as a whole.

Board footer