You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Updates: Orlando, FL (Amway Center 10-28-11)

buzzsaw wrote:
Riad wrote:

Buzz Axlins emotional reaction is part of his experience of the music. You cannot separate one from the other, only hypothesize what it might be like without his emotional reaction. And frankly that is juts plain stupid. Music is all about emotional reaction.

What you're doing is like trying to separate water from wet. Get over it. He loved it so what.

I never denied that.  That was never the point.  The point is check in after a couple months.  If he still feels that way, great!  It was a (rare) genuine reaction.  My guess is his feelings will mellow when given time to really soak it in (again, see the rio thread).  That's human nature.  If I insulted him by calling him human, then I apologize for that.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You guys are missing the whole point. If the show sucked, it wouldn't have been as bad as his enotional response would have you believe (see rio thread). The emotional response is very real. It works both ways. It has nothing to do with the fact that it was a positive response.

that's really unfair what you're accusing axlin off
not saying some people aren't guilty of such reactions, i just don't think i've witnessed axlin behaving in such a manner - which is why i believe it was a really good show he got (& he did highlight a fair few errors as well). he's always been able to separate the wheat from the chaff before so why should his positive experience be any less true than when he talks about the bad stuff? why did you not bag on his emotional response to other stuff? or is it just happy concert's that wind you up?

& it's much easier to believe in a bad gnr gig than a good one, for some

I'm not accusing him of anything other than being human.  I can't believe this is even still being discussed.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You guys are missing the whole point. If the show sucked, it wouldn't have been as bad as his enotional response would have you believe (see rio thread). The emotional response is very real. It works both ways. It has nothing to do with the fact that it was a positive response.

that's really unfair what you're accusing axlin off
not saying some people aren't guilty of such reactions, i just don't think i've witnessed axlin behaving in such a manner - which is why i believe it was a really good show he got (& he did highlight a fair few errors as well). he's always been able to separate the wheat from the chaff before so why should his positive experience be any less true than when he talks about the bad stuff? why did you not bag on his emotional response to other stuff? or is it just happy concert's that wind you up?

& it's much easier to believe in a bad gnr gig than a good one, for some

Exactly. I thought I called it straight. I am a man who has studied bootlegs for over a decade. Has listened to (gotta be well into 100+) mark. I know a great show. A good show, a bad show, an average show, with every era of the band. I've heard EVERY lead guitarist ever in GN'R play these songs, in their particular way. I've heard Axl great, shit, and just phone it in.

I've heard it all.

If I say it's great... you bet your ass it's great. YCBM... started rough. I texted Russ RIGHT THEN, and told him that THERE in REAL TIME. Then said Axl finished the song in 2006 form, but not 1991.

I know what i'm hearing. The mixing was perfect that night.

If I was emotional, i'd of told Russ then that it ruled, regardless of the fact that i've heard YCBM sounds ALOT better. NR was another, Axl was fucking ON, the band wasn't. It happens. Knew it then. Not afterwards.

Either way, selective responses to positivity on their part.

DCK wrote:

There's nothing better than when something goes wrong. It's easier to discuss.

Precisely

DCK wrote:

How some reacted to Axlins review is shameful and a disgrace to the quality of this board.

It's an eye opener is what it is. It shows that we have to strive to be better than what we're doing right now. It makes us look bad. Like Russ said, we don't have to become HTGTH, but we do have allow positivity to breathe. If we don't then we've become what certain people have always said we were. And we're better than that. If certain people don't like that, then it might be time for the 'log off' button to be used more frequently.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cramer or axlin...

was the floor GA or Seating?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Interesting. Glad I don't live in whatever dream world you guys are living in. .

I don't pile on to pile on. I actually felt sorry for people in the rio thread. But you're right, I would have said it was the truth just because I "liked" the outcome.  Amazing how many of you have selective memories. I suppose you think I love everything Slash related too, right? I'm sure I blasted every single version of Estranged played by the new band too since I was dead set against them playing it. Yep, you guys have me pegged perfectly. /sarcasm

Which is pretty much what you did to me. My opinion of Tampa & Estero hasn't changed in five years. I didn't suddenly become a Robin fan, because I was at those shows. The guy just didn't impress me that much, except for when he intro'ed and performed Better. That's when I was like "awesome". Although several songs were performed well, including Jungle, I didn't suddenly walk around saying how Jungle Tampa 2006 was better than Rock Am Ring 2006, let alone the 1988 VMA's.

I'm here telling you that the review you read a couple days ago, will be the SAME review in five years. And then you're telling me that, that's "great", but even if that were true that in 5 years if I stand by that, it'll somehow remain a "emotional" response.

I'm the LAST guy that would do that. I didn't do that.

You're basically giving me a fixed solution. There's no way I can be right here. If I say what I said after the show, despite criticizing aspects directly to Russ in real time, then it's an emotional response. If I stick by that response in a few months or a few years, then it remains an emotional response.

But if I recant, you're suddenly right, it's still an emotional response.

Either way you win

That sounds an awful lot like a religion, and not the scientific process. I hope your negativity, or "objectivity" is not a religion to you. 'Cause I didn't think that before now.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

cramer or axlin...

Standing floor/GA

buzzsaw wrote:
Riad wrote:

Buzz Axlins emotional reaction is part of his experience of the music. You cannot separate one from the other, only hypothesize what it might be like without his emotional reaction. And frankly that is juts plain stupid. Music is all about emotional reaction.

What you're doing is like trying to separate water from wet. Get over it. He loved it so what.

I never denied that.  That was never the point.  The point is check in after a couple months.  If he still feels that way, great!  It was a (rare) genuine reaction.  My guess is his feelings will mellow when given time to really soak it in (again, see the rio thread).  That's human nature.  If I insulted him by calling him human, then I apologize for that.

What a backhanded apology.

That logic could apply to a NEW ALBUM of NEW SONGS, which i'm having an emotional initial reaction to.

But with live songs i've heard tons and tons and tons of times performed by different people, AND been to different shows... it's not an emotional response. It can't be. It's an honest reaction from someone who has a track history with dealing with it, seeing it, hearing it.

It's either good or not. Obviously i'm a guy who has no fear to say "Axl fuckin' blew it".

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Interesting. Glad I don't live in whatever dream world you guys are living in. .

I don't pile on to pile on. I actually felt sorry for people in the rio thread. But you're right, I would have said it was the truth just because I "liked" the outcome.  Amazing how many of you have selective memories. I suppose you think I love everything Slash related too, right? I'm sure I blasted every single version of Estranged played by the new band too since I was dead set against them playing it. Yep, you guys have me pegged perfectly. /sarcasm

Which is pretty much what you did to me. My opinion of Tampa & Estero hasn't changed in five years. I didn't suddenly become a Robin fan, because I was at those shows. The guy just didn't impress me that much, except for when he intro'ed and performed Better. That's when I was like "awesome". Although several songs were performed well, including Jungle, I didn't suddenly walk around saying how Jungle Tampa 2006 was better than Rock Am Ring 2006, let alone the 1988 VMA's.

I'm here telling you that the review you read a couple days ago, will be the SAME review in five years. And then you're telling me that, that's "great", but even if that were true that in 5 years if I stand by that, it'll somehow remain a "emotional" response.

I'm the LAST guy that would do that. I didn't do that.

You're basically giving me a fixed solution. There's no way I can be right here. If I say what I said after the show, despite criticizing aspects directly to Russ in real time, then it's an emotional response. If I stick by that response in a few months or a few years, then it remains an emotional response.

But if I recant, you're suddenly right, it's still an emotional response.

Either way you win

That sounds an awful lot like a religion, and not the scientific process. I hope your negativity, or "objectivity" is not a religion to you. 'Cause I didn't think that before now.

I'm saying if you feel that way in a couple months, it's probably how you really feel.  Nothing more.  No need to make this into something it isn't.  There's no denying it was an emotional response.  You're an emotional guy and there's nothing wrong with that - I think I've seen you swing as many different ways as someone can swing based on what is going on at the time over the years.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

cramer or axlin...

Standing floor/GA

buzzsaw wrote:
Riad wrote:

What a backhanded apology.

That logic could apply to a NEW ALBUM of NEW SONGS, which i'm having an emotional initial reaction to.

But with live songs i've heard tons and tons and tons of times performed by different people, AND been to different shows... it's not an emotional response. It can't be. It's an honest reaction from someone who has a track history with dealing with it, seeing it, hearing it.

It's either good or not. Obviously i'm a guy who has no fear to say "Axl fuckin' blew it".

You're totally not getting it.  I don't know why having an emotional response offends you so.  You can see all of the bootlegs in the world, there's nothing like being at a show.  You know that.  I expect I would have an emotional reaction (one way or the other) if/when I go to a show.  It's natural.

And I wasn't apologizing...I have nothing to apologize for.  I was being sarcastic.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i know what you are saying buzz...its one of the reasons why i prefer memories of concerts now more than actually seeking them out and watching them....

its goes that way with everythign though...hell ever try to go back and watch cartoons from when you were a kid? some are pretty damn bad 16 like WTF did i ever see in this show!?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i know what you are saying buzz...its one of the reasons why i prefer memories of concerts now more than actually seeking them out and watching them....

its goes that way with everythign though...hell ever try to go back and watch cartoons from when you were a kid? some are pretty damn bad 16 like WTF did i ever see in this show!?

LOL - all the time.  You wonder how did you ever relate to this crap???

I've seen bootlegs of the Chicago 92 show.  They are pretty good, but none of them are as good as how I remember the show being.

Board footer