You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

Axlin16 wrote:

Amen.

If Axl does all of this and continues to just do hits tours with no real future in sight, i'll be back on the "Buzz train", no doubt.

But that doesn't seem to be happening here, so let's give it a chance. It's the most "ready" i've seen Axl since this whole thing begin.

Despite the revisionism, even in 2002, Axl told Loder after the VMA's that they were nowhere close to releasing the album, and seemed like he wanted to be anywhere but there talking with him.

Even with Norris in 2006, he seemed totally reluctant. He seemed to open up on Trunk's radio show in 2006, but the lack of any "band" members kinda negated the whole thing.

Like I said before, this is the first interview Axl's done with a new band member -- ever. That's GOTTA say something, even if Axl forgot to tell DJ to bug off.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

DJ is a touring member. I see the difference. Glad he got Axl doing interviews and stuff again.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The lead #1 guitarist in a band is NEVER "just a touring" member unless Axl says so.

People said the same thing about Ron, yet he re-worked and added rhythm to CD.

Unbelieveable... roll

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Ron and DJ are both lead players.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Amen.

If Axl does all of this and continues to just do hits tours with no real future in sight, i'll be back on the "Buzz train", no doubt.

But that doesn't seem to be happening here, so let's give it a chance. It's the most "ready" i've seen Axl since this whole thing begin.

Despite the revisionism, even in 2002, Axl told Loder after the VMA's that they were nowhere close to releasing the album, and seemed like he wanted to be anywhere but there talking with him.

Even with Norris in 2006, he seemed totally reluctant. He seemed to open up on Trunk's radio show in 2006, but the lack of any "band" members kinda negated the whole thing.

Like I said before, this is the first interview Axl's done with a new band member -- ever. That's GOTTA say something, even if Axl forgot to tell DJ to bug off.

I agree.  Like I said before.  I stopped loging on here because I had nothing positive to say cause well Axl didn't seem to have his heart in it.  Now I could be wrong, but he seems into it this time.  Can he prove us wrong?  Sure.  But am willing to give him a chance.  But am starting to understand why Axl NEVER does an interview or anything.  It seems nothing can ever be good enough.  Buzz I get you're a fan of the old GNR and maybe you are not a fan ot his GNR.  Nothing wrong there.  But this GNR is what we have and that ain't gonna change.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Well, if it leads to Duff getting back in GNR or helping collab on a new album.. Thats pretty cool. Just to be a support group to lend more Cred to new band is using Duff like a spineless Chump bitch.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I think we all just need a little perspective.

Most level headed people would agree there's been highs and lows in GNR history.

And i'm all for being allowed to speak our minds rather than keep a HTGTH enviroment where no matter what happens its the best thing ever.

But damn..there needs to be balance. Just as the band does bad stuff sometimes, it's only fair to give them credit when something good happens.

I mean most complaints of GNR are either:

* Want original line up
* Want more new music of any kind
* band is too silent, doesn't interact like other bands.

Now this interview is addressing at least one of those "fan requests" - communication - in pretty good fashion - an hour video interview! With any luck they will also address the current status of the 'new material' issue.

So lets be fair here. Sure there's no reunion - but that doesnt mean everything else that ever happens that isn't a reunion is bad...and damn it this is pretty good...or has the potential to be - depends on how the interview actually went - but I'm excited to hear what axl's got to say on the current state of play.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

RE: Duff opening shows

I actually agree on the "selling out" thing a bit. I do see it as a bit of an insult for Duff to open a band he helped found.

BUT if it's some sort of master plan for him to be eased back into the band in a professional level in some way, maybe taking out Richard and having Tommy & Duff swap bass & rhythm guitar parts, possibly even have Duff work on a new GN'R album.

I'm all for that.

I never thought of it as selling-out, but when you put it that way, yeah, I can see where the criticism would be coming from.

What I saw, initially, was Duff promoting his own band by opening to his old friends band. Because Duff's been out of the band for so long, it's safe for him pull it off. He'll make the crowds go wild, no doubt, and he deserves having Loaded offered to the GNR crowds.

Plus, it will make for a mandatory on-stage appearance with Axl every night Loaded opens for GNR. That's Izzy-level coolness.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

What is really crazy is Slash is going to be on TMS again soon to discuss his new album and played 3 tunes for Eddie.. A week later Trunk is FL to see GNR/Axl and they have an hour long chat... And now Duff may be opening for GNR?  Any chance Axl and Slash patched things up behind closed doors already?  Or is Eddie the new "mediator" that is friends with both Slash and Axl?  Slash has doen TMS (That Metal Show) twice now and is giving details on new music, etc.  So is Axl following Slash's lead by doing the same on the same fucking show?  How odd, but cool for Eddie Trunk!

Everyone seems to talk to both Slash and Axl these days, but Slash and Axl don't talk to each other.  So weird.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
madagas wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I guess D and I stand alone on this....

I think it is odd. However, maybe it is a chance to bring things closer to a small reunion for the RRHOF.:mosh:

I am not one for a full on, get back together forever, reunion. But, I do think if they get in the RRHOF, they should do something special. Fuck, don't even let Slash and Axl talk. Just throw them all onstage and blow out Jungle, SCOM, and Paradise. They could do those 3 in their sleep.

I think it's odd, given how big GNR was. Personally I'd feel like a total loser doing what Duff is supposedly about to do. I still can't really get my head around it.

Board footer