You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

Lomax wrote:

I'd wager Axl was a big inspiration for DJ movin out west in that case

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

DJ went to HS in Illinois.  My cousin was in his class.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

DJ went to HS in Illinois.  My cousin was in his class.

Did he try to sell your cousin AshbaSwag? 16

LOL - you know, I never asked her.  If I remember right, she said he was quiet in school.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Duff opening for Guns N' Roses...... hmmmm.....  Seems like a bit of a tease to prance the original bass player out there and then have Guns N'Roses go on without him. I don't know seems a  bit wierd to me.  Might as well have Velvet Revolver open for Guns.  The interview will be interesting although if "nothing" is said it'll have been a  huge waste of time. If no legit questions are asked and no legit answers are given who cares.  On the other hand if Trunk is allowed to ask and not forced to edit out thinsg of actual ineterest than it should be cool regardless of who's involved in it.

I dont' know maybe it's just me but  3 years on I don't care about questions regarding CD and the recording process or any of that crap. It doesnt' matter why Robin or Bucket left, who cares. They should  talk about what's NEXT not what was.

not sure how an interview with or without DJ can be a bad thing though.

I know some people love this version of Guns N' Roses and even claim to not want a  reunion but c'mon. If Axl can get along well enough with Izzya nd Duff to share a stage with them and even have Duff open for them what si so hard about making THE Guns N' Roses happen once again. Fuck the Axl vs Slash shit is so lame. both of them are such babies.

I dont' care what anyone says the real Guns N' Roses is better than the alternate Guns N' Roses any day despite how good and cool the alternate version may be.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Did he try to sell your cousin AshbaSwag? 16

LOL - you know, I never asked her.  If I remember right, she said he was quiet in school.

Ah.... just updating fb and twitter with links to AshbaLand 16

He has AshbaLand? Damn, sounds a lot like Bucketheadland.

So he's not only ripping off Slash's hat, but now he's ripping off Bucket's web ideas. 13

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Can either newcomer elevate his counterpart to the mythical heights of the old band?

Not just no, but hell no. Hard rock is a dead genre.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Bono wrote:

If Axl can get along well enough with Izzya nd Duff to share a stage with them and even have Duff open for them what si so hard about making THE Guns N' Roses happen once again.

I look at it like this:

It's easy to do it once, nearly impossible to do it full time.

Problems:

Slash: Axl doesn't trust his word, thinks he is two-faced. Has elevated his own celb status to the point where he can survive without GNR so will only go back if terms are balanced and fair to him. And only if there's no bullshit. Pretty much says it in his book.

Duff: Easy going. But smart enough not to screw himself over again. Will only go back under decent business  terms - psychologically in happy place - pressure of reliving the insanity of the UYI era would need to be counter balanced with something - his priority would be avoiding relapses and fucking up his family. Would need to be a serious creative payoff for him to risk it.

Axl: Unlikely to relinquish control back to original partners, shows no sign of ending behaviors that others find troubling - eg late starts, reclusive behavior, making decsions including artistic decisions without their input. Musically seems interested in alternative directions than what would be achieved with the old guys anyway.

Izzy: Unreliable, no interest in revisiting that time in his life on any long term basis. Can see him being down for runion show...but no way in fuck is he comitting to anything full time ever again...wouldn't even be in VR FFS.

Steven: Keen, but only ever a blink away from relapse...also will not stand for GNR bullshit...and brings a variety of other issues - eg Axl and Steven's mother....

In short...I hear your love for the original GNR...but to me it looks really really hard at this stage.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've always felt that any sort of a reunion, would involve a different rhythm player than Izzy on a full-time level.

Whether it be getting Gilby back for old time's sake
Whether it be Richard Fortus staying on rhythm
or the better option
Sticking Duff on bass and Tommy on rhythm or vice versa

And having Izzy make special guest appearences on the bigger shows.

Same with Steven -- special guest appearences. Matt won't be called at all. He can forget that.

So even if a reunion happens at this point, it'll be a bastardized Guns N' Roses Part XIII

Board footer