You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

Axlin16 wrote:

Coolness.

Checked SPIN for that article and thought this was pretty profound...

Do you think the Slash Vs. Axl Rose beef is repairable?

I do. I saw Slash a couple days ago in Los Angeles, where I was giving an award for Ronnie James Dio's cancer foundation, and we talked a little bit. He knew that I'd just interviewed Axl, and he asked about Axl and how he was. I said that Axl mentioned him in the interview, and that it wasn't anything negative. Slash said, "Yeah, we've actually been pretty cool lately." Slash is a pretty easy-going guy, and he'll ride with the tide. But it's hard to get a read on it. But outside of Slash, Axl is cool with every other original member of Guns. Izzy [Stradlin] comes out and plays with Axl and the band every once in a while. Duff just played with him. There are no issues with either of the two drummers. If there's a rub with the Rock Hall induction, it would only be about Slash. In talking to both Slash and Axl, though, they're both very committed to their careers right now. Axl is amped about this new GNR lineup, and I just heard Slash's next record, which is coming out next year. It's amazing. The media dwells on their relationship more than the guys themselves do. - Eddie Trunk

Wow. Not that it's not stuff we've all theorized, but coming from Eddie, a guy who knows and has talked to both of them and recently... it really says ALOT that last statement.

"The media dwells on it far more than the guys themselves do"

Now I do believe to an extent Slash & Axl both hang up on that the fact they were never able to re-capture the same success without each other, BUT I think things have really changed in GN'R land from where it was a decade ago when I started following the intergeek saga.

Both of them seem to have found a way to just... let it go. They retain alot of respect for each other these days, and have kinda moved on, but peacefully and happily.

Does it bury a reunion? I don't think so, but in fact something better has come of it, no different than the Duff reunion in 2010. The potential "behind the scenes" reparability of just their friendship, let alone anything else... is cooler than any reunion ever would be.

I hope it happens.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Why would they not be putting That Metal Show commercials on their own VH1 website? Looks like it's not been updated since last season. Was at least looking to see SOMETHING. smile

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Hmm... that is kinda strange. You'd think they'd be promoting the hell out of this with only days to go.

But I think Eddie himself alluded to VH1 making those decisions, not him.

It'd be cool if at the last minute VH1 Classic decided to score the rights and do a "GN'R day", which just played nothing but videos, documentaries, the Rio II & III shows, Tokyo '92 & Paris '92 shows, etc.

Although i'm sure alot of that shit costs alot of money. It'd still be cool for fans nonetheless.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Eddie Trunk wrote:

I said that Axl mentioned him in the interview, and that it wasn't anything negative. Slash said, "Yeah, we've actually been pretty cool lately."

Well, Slash.

You should know people will read into that, as the last I checked, you were "a cancer and better removed".

Nice to hear he & Ax have seemingly attained a level of cordiality in their relationship, whatever it may be at the moment.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Whatever is going Axl -- I LIKE IT!'

Axl has seemingly let go of alot of bitterness and seems to be happy as hell to be alive and that's wonderful.

A complete about face from that Rio IV show. The whole night is just a bizarre "nightmare" moment looking back.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axlin08, was it you and I that was talking about the Trunk connection and something coming from it???  Looks like we were on to something and I have been saying these very things about Axl and everyone else getting along, except Slash.  Look, the rnrhof reunion will happen.  I am very sure of it now.. Even Axl is like, "we'll see"...

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yes it was us... just don't get your hopes up. But I will say, we are closer today than ever before.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

This is great news

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Naltav
 Rep: 70