You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

misterID wrote:

"Axl and Steven are having a race to see who can put out their album last."

Had to be someone from MyGNR.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Is Kaneda still around there? He was a funny guy.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Gagarin wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Trouble is Axl, once you've finished touring the US there's nowhere else to play that hasn't already experienced Chinese. So if you want to keep playing (earning) you're gonna need to push out some new material.

Indeed. Really, the whole album's been toured (minus...well, we know he's not done OMG/Silkworms/Scraped/Shacklers/Prostitute very much). He's hit everywhere.

They don't "need" Peter to make these shows work. They need him for when these shows are done. Hopefully work to some favorable conclusion with the record company to get out some more product (songs) and then keep going, touring, etc.

I'm assuming that they're all "well we definitely would love to put a record out sooner than it took the last one, shucks, gee wiz" because they don't know how or when they can put one out because the label is aloof and disinterested in another one. They need to know the label will let them put one out and if it'll be supported. I think any manager's job is to argue GNR's business case to the label.

Good points.  It's clear there is new material in the vault, who knows in what form or how close to finished it is.  I would suspect that'd be the focus after this tour, because like has been stated, there's nowhere else to go.  How long that takes, or if they want to take a break, well that remains to be seen.  I certainly wouldn't expect anything immediately.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Clips from the interview seems great. Really cool to see this stuff.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Izzy was supposed to do Miami? Wow, it'd be real cool for Iz & Duff to pop up in the same show.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

'clips' are the new 'leaks'!

Hopefully ax might do another interview if this goes down well. Can only help the record company to take him more seriously.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

he sounds great to me.
no sign of edgyness at all.

johndivney wrote:

some funny shit

he does get more crap thrown @ him than any other performer i've seen tho

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Looks like it's gonna be an awesome interview! Thanx for posting Russ!

Someone told DJ to shut the fuck up...?  smile

Hopefully he'll speak at all during the interview. Kinda curious to see Axl and DJ "shoot the shit" together.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Thanks Russ.

Board footer