You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

-D- wrote:

I know one thing

Axl going onstage and accepting the award with Original Lineup seems WAY more likely than i ever dreamed it would.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I imagine them all accepting the award, and Axl and Slash hugging while the crowd goes fuckin wild.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

I know one thing

Axl going onstage and accepting the award with Original Lineup seems WAY more likely than i ever dreamed it would.

Yeah it certainly seems that he's honored by the nomination and if they do make it you'd have to think he'd show up, at least based on what we heard.  Slash on one end, Axl on the other, everyone else in between.  Just to be safe.

well at least the interview was kind of entertaining anyway

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

how/where do i see this badboy?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

A poor version is on youtube already.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Cramer wrote:

What I DID LIKE was that pro shot footage. Lets see all of it!

I'll second that, that was pretty awesome.  As was the short snippet of Chinese Democracy they showed.  Once again, makes you wonder.  What the hell do they do with all this fantastic footage they have?  I know they don't want to be a band that puts anything and everything out so their fans HAVE to buy it, but they're the total opposite.  There has to be a middle ground.

AtariLegend wrote:

It was clearly edited alot, certainy the "Chinese Democracy" and Duff questions from camera cutting. Axl didn't come across bad though.

Something that did come across is though, is Axl's relationship with Tommy who seems to be the 2nd in command.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I thought the answer about no videos with CD was total horse poo. He wanted people to really "hear it" first...yea right.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Cramer wrote:

I thought the answer about no videos with CD was total horse poo. He wanted people to really "hear it" first...yea right.

I thought it was a wonderful answer.  Same reasons Pearl Jam had for not releasing music videos. 

They wanted people to hear the music and develop their own images and ideas for what the songs are about instead of being force fed images and ideas.  I agree.  Music videos are pretty pointless most of the time.

Board footer