You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

Ali wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Sure it does. It immediately makes you wrong.

You're arguing a set definition that has existed for YEARS on these boards.

That's like me saying the definition of "Being Hurt" = "Pain", then you telling me -- that's your opinion.

Okay man, whatev... 14

No, that's just your arrogance and intolerance for a differing view rearing its ugly head.

You quoted a post that made no mention of 2001 or 2002.  You put words in my mouth based on an incorrect assumption that I was speaking the same language as you.  And then rather than admit you put words in my mouth, you arrogantly stated that I "misspoke" or was "wrong" roll

Your analogy is complete and utter horse shit, too.  Your talking about dictionary definitions of words vs. an undefined colloquialism used in a very small group.

Damn, I thought a tolerance for differing opinions is what made this place different from what people criticize HTGH for.  I guess not.  What this example shows is that "gang mentality" that if you don't speak the language and share the same viewpoints as the rest of us - you are wrong.

Ali

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

never been a fan of LALD..i think its well documented 16

as for the 2002 voice vs the 2006 vs 2010 vs 2011...i dunno man every time i've seen him sing at a concert in person i've thought it was great

i will not deny that ycbm and lald are spotty on this tour vocally, but man when you awre playing 3 hour sets then kike ali said you gotta pace yourself, he aint 27 anymore, i'm sure axl know his limits more than we do so i'll just leave it up to him to do what hes gotta do 5

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He sounds great in the stadium, arena, cause its so fucking loud you don't notice the mistakes "as" much.  Plus, he is actually singing better.

Sky Dog wrote:

which is all that counts...he is bringing it better than he has since 1993. Debate voices all you want. The overall package is f'n solid.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I may be off here, but I understand he only started taking care of his voice on the 21st century. The Tokyo 93 performance is an absolute travesty, and goes on to show how Axl (and the band) had taken a beating with the incessant touring and bad habits. In that sense, the current lineup is amazingly consistent in performance, and the dude himself is, what, two decades elder?

So yeah, credit to Axl & his crew where its due, but this YCBM discussion, as far as I'm concerned, is about him still being quite able to do the song the 'good' way - case in point, 2006, and that latter clip I posted had more of it already. However, as pointed out in this thread, jumping into too many conclusions based on the Rio clip isn't all that fair, as Ax is known to gradually improve his vocal performance once the touring routines kick in.

He can do it both ways, the raspy voice, which may be more taxing, and the clean voice, which sometimes borderlines comical. What I'd love is some kick-ass rasp on a studio recording, but I digress.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

[youtube]pdCuCdynACA&feature=watch_response[/youtube]

Sorry, continue....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That's awesome...sometimes I forget how cool axl's piano parts are.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I've had it on bootleg mp3 for years, first I've ever seen it on youtube, was full of the voddy and had to tell the world.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Sure it does. It immediately makes you wrong.

You're arguing a set definition that has existed for YEARS on these boards.

That's like me saying the definition of "Being Hurt" = "Pain", then you telling me -- that's your opinion.

Okay man, whatev... 14

No, that's just your arrogance and intolerance for a differing view rearing its ugly head.

You quoted a post that made no mention of 2001 or 2002.  You put words in my mouth based on an incorrect assumption that I was speaking the same language as you.  And then rather than admit you put words in my mouth, you arrogantly stated that I "misspoke" or was "wrong" roll

Your analogy is complete and utter horse shit, too.  Your talking about dictionary definitions of words vs. an undefined colloquialism used in a very small group.

Damn, I thought a tolerance for differing opinions is what made this place different from what people criticize HTGH for.  I guess not.  What this example shows is that "gang mentality" that if you don't speak the language and share the same viewpoints as the rest of us - you are wrong.

Ali

The only one who shares YOUR viewpoint is YOU.

You've had numerous people here back me up and agree with me. Instead of you "letting it go" and realizing you made an incorrect assessment, including someone posting a video showing Axl actually had more power in 2002 on the "clean voice", you make a VERY ARROGANT, VERY SELF-CENTERED post about how pity you and you've been ganged up on here, and how "I thought Evo respected all opinions".

We do.

We respect that you're wrong and showed you how you are wrong, and then let it go at that.

At HTGTH, you'd of had your shit ignored or deleted, and at MyGNR you'd of been called a stupid fucking worthless cunt, and then ignored on top of that.

We don't do that here, because negativity like that is unnecessary.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself, and let it go. The opinion is, you're wrong - "tolerate it".

Sky Dog wrote:

I don't think he's wrong JR....there is no right or wrong in the Axl Rose voice debate. It's all opinion. Just because some lunatic fringe Gnr fans debate and label Axl's voice over 10 year old youtube videos doesn't make it "reality". Most of these people are literally fuckin' crazy. Axl's voice has and is all over the board. Quite frankly, youtube videos do little justice to the actual live performance when seen in person. You know that.

Board footer