You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

Bono wrote:
Olorin wrote:

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

[youtube]pdCuCdynACA&feature=watch_response[/youtube]

Sorry, continue....

Stuff like this just makes me sad., I watch it and think what a  waste of years and talent doing fuck all. Seriously I don't care how much anyone says they love CD there's no denying Axl wasted a massive chunk of his talented years  and thats sucks for everyone.  Baically the prime  years of his career doing nothing.  Just hearing that clip makes me think how great a Axl solo record would  be with JUST him and a piano but nope we get years on end of nothing and then tossed Shackler's Revenege neutral

That will always be the biggest frustration for me with Guns N' Roses. Such a  mega amount of wasted talent.  That really goes for the original and new lineup.  You know the old saying "nobody has ever done more with so little" well Guns N' Rose s are the opposite. No band has even done less with so much.

Thank for the clip though Olorin, that was awesome.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

I don't think he's wrong JR....there is no right or wrong in the Axl Rose voice debate. It's all opinion. Just because some lunatic fringe Gnr fans debate and label Axl's voice over 10 year old youtube videos doesn't make it "reality". Most of these people are literally fuckin' crazy. Axl's voice has and is all over the board. Quite frankly, youtube videos do little justice to the actual live performance when seen in person. You know that.

Actually in this case, YouTube videos are dead fucking right. I was at the show and everything you see on YouTube recently accurately depicts Axl. When he's ON the videos show that.

When he goes 2002 on LALD & YCBM, you hear it. I heard it live at the show. I texted Russ and told him in real time. The other night when Russ said YCBM had started, I asked him directly "does Axl sound 2002?" and Russ replied "very".

The mix doesn't cover up shit, or all of us are such incredible bootleg geeks that Axl can't slip a shitty, throat-tightened Mickey Mouse voice past us, even live when the rest of the crowd are dropping X and putting their fists in the air.

The thing is maddy, we're not really debating Axl's voice. We're debating the definition of the word now. It stopped being about the "clean voice" argument awhile back.

Anyways, forget it. If this whole fuckin' thing was interpreted as arrogant, then I apologize to Ali. He came across as hard-headed and arrogant to me trying to correct an analogy that has existed for nearly a decade on these boards.

And I also want to say that I, me, have stated NUMEROUS times on these boards that "we all are not REAL GN'R fans". We don't represent the masses. We don't. We never have and never will. Whatever that applies to Ali's argument, whatever it was, or anyone else's, is what it is. Were all a bunch of sensitive, emotional, Trekkie-like nerds about Axl.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I know. YCBM sucked HARD in Orlando, but I swear that Jungle in Orlando was 1988 VMA, Rock Am Ring 2006 quality. And i've heard probably over a hundred different versions.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

Grrrrrrrrr... US only.

frecking hate that everytime I go to an MTV site, are you sure you don't visit MTV UK with it's collection of exculsive videos? Fuck no, it has nothing to do with what I'm looking at now.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

misterID
 Rep: 475