You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

DJ is a douche and makes the band look like a washed out, sunset strip, 2nd rate has been cover band. Axl, Ron, and Tommy should do any Gnr interviews.

Just my 2 cents.

But not the fat ass up front with hair extensions trying to look 25 when he's nearly 50, and the father still acting like a 22-year old drunk on bass?

They aren't douches, acting like sunset strip washouts.

DJ is

roll

johndivney wrote:

madagas gets it (except i disagree re: interviews, promo is the only thing dj is good for in this band)

axlin - how many last chances have you given axl now?!

Only that ONE show, and this ONE guy (DJ). I don't throw that around.

You're thinking of Bono who gives Axl 15 "last chances" to impress him.

KIKO2K
 Rep: 5 

KIKO2K wrote:
DCK wrote:
madagas wrote:

DJ is a douche and makes the band look like a washed out, sunset strip, 2nd rate has been cover band. Axl, Ron, and Tommy should do any Gnr interviews.

Just my 2 cents.

I have never observed DJ being a douche, maybe somewhat childish for a 38 year old, but he's in GNR, not Paul McCartneys band. It's alright. He got what it takes. He's not washed up, he's not 2nd rate. He's DJ Ashba and got more album success the past 20 years than Tommy and Ron combined.

With Slash out, like Axlin says, DJ is the best choice there is.

DJ is washe up,childish and tard as fuck a man can be an EMO Slash wannabe bad ass...if you can t see that, the guy can t do no wrong on your eyes never.

The true is average guittar player nothing more.

Sky Dog wrote:

to compare Tommy Stinson's legacy in the industry (not to mention his talent) with DJ Sixx is bordering on retarded....sorry, but it is. DJ is a nice player but....I just can't handle the image.

Sky Dog wrote:

not to mention that DJ in his wildest dreams could NEVER rock like this....a complete joke to mention them in the same sentence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTyFF4XqPfM

Lomax wrote:

^^Oh please:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:

from Trunk's twitter just now:

We did ask Axl about R&R Hall, new music, his lateness, this lineup, playing with Duff (said Loaded will open shows) and more.

DO WHAT NOW?!?!

Crazy, crazy, crazy times.

Holy Jumping Jesus !!

That's news, man.  Loaded opening for GN'R. You know we're gonna see Duff on stage with Axl at some point.

Really interested in the new music and the R&R HOF. Cool shit.

Sky Dog wrote:

oh lord....where is Nigel Tufnel when you need him.....

Lomax wrote:

You seem to forget that DJ didn't collect 20 wrappers and join GNR. He came up through a club scene.
He has worked his ass off. He is also one HELL of a producer.

He's co-produced Drowning Pool, Sixx AM, Motley,... neil diamond. These are all hard hitters.

Anyone heard SOLA? That album sounds better than a anything Bob rock ever did with Motley.

He's Axl's wet dream. He's basically Slash Lite + Pro Tools Wizard.

I think he's written some very good rock n roll over his carrer.

Genuinely interesting and strange compositions with a twisted nightmarish thing goin in. Tim Burton's Baby Slash maybe would be a good description.

Sky Dog wrote:

was that Lick My Love Pump?

Lomax wrote:

The 2004 remix version.

We talking about the song now or the guys ability to rock?

Here's his take on stonehenge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEiphB6T4F8

Board footer