You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: American Horror Story

AHS_Freak_Show_Cast_Art_Embed.jpg

Official character and cast poster!

Me_Wise_Magic

Official character trailer for Season 4: Freak Show! Looks more promising. Glad to see Evan's character looks different than the norm and especially the Asylum comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKGwySm … xGm-uHZPaQ

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I downloaded the first two episodes. I'll probably watch it tonight. I know everyone loves Jessica Lange but I think it's time for a cast change. After this season bring in a batch of fresh blood.

Emma Roberts was wasted last season. Cant wait to see how they use her on Freak Show.

Me_Wise_Magic

Watched the first couple episodes since they aired and in some ways they are a vast improvement over the shallowness of Coven where almost all the characters were poorly written. It had some potential to top both earlier seasons on a grander scale and have more fun. But it wasn't fun to watch towards the end. The only thing that bugs me and alot of viewers is the unnecessary use of musical numbers with Lange and some of the supporting cast with an overdubbed studio polish of a recording set to the performance. THIS IS A HORROR SHOW..NOT FUCKING GLEE, RYAN MURPHY. god...he is ruining his own show with his bullshit. Not only does this show need fresh blood which I agree with. It needs a better and new show-runner. I want Murphy gone sooner rather than later. Like I mentioned to some friends earlier I'm giving this show a couple more episodes before giving up on it. Loved the first two seasons especially Asylum. I want this show to improve. I love the cast choices they pick for the most part. Yeah...both Emma Roberts, Kathy Bates, and Dennis O' Hare were completely wasted and under used towards the end of Coven's run. It felt like a broken record. Also does there need to be a rape scene in every fucking season. I'm getting so sick and tired of that bullshit again by Murphy, Brad, and some of the writers pulling that crap.

James

James wrote:

Watched the first two episodes. It's horrible. No redeeming qualities whatsoever. Will watch the third and fourth episodes tonight. If it doesn't have my attention by then, I'm gonna skip the rest of the season.

There's just not enough of a plot to sustain this story for an entire season.

johndivney wrote:

Gave up on this show after like 5 eps of S01 but having learned Emma Roberts is in it I might give it another go.. :fap:

Me_Wise_Magic

James Lofton wrote:

Watched the first two episodes. It's horrible. No redeeming qualities whatsoever. Will watch the third and fourth episodes tonight. If it doesn't have my attention by then, I'm gonna skip the rest of the season.

There's just not enough of a plot to sustain this story for an entire season.

I agree. Next season needs a new show runner, a new vision, and a clearer direction to get back to the greatness of Seasons 1&2 and make it better than those. If not..the series is in trouble. It's getting way too glam..not enough substance...and so many basic arch types that need to be more developed characters.

James

James wrote:

Anyone watch the new season 1984? It's up to episode 4.

Amazing. A story set in 1984 throwing in every single 80s slasher trope in existence.

It's a fun ride and not meant to be taken seriously at all.

Only complaint is other than Emma Roberts, the cast itself is kinda weak but on the other hand, I think that's the point. 80s slashers always had the strong female lead and a throwaway cast.

James

James wrote:

This thing went off the rails completely the last couple episodes.

Season finale is tonight.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I should check it out .... sounds fun

Board footer