You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: The MLB Thread

slashsfro wrote:
faldor wrote:

Latos, Kennedy, and Axford?

Seems to be the best option.  The only question mark with Latos is that he is going from a pitchers ballpark to a hitters park in Cincy.

Heath Bell K rate has declined in the past few years.  Axford is a no brainer.

Marlins question for Axlin12--Is the new Marlins stadium hitter friendly, pitcher friendly or neutral?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Haha, who knows man? They haven't played there yet, lol.

Based on the dimensions, i'm gonna guess pitcher friendly immediately.

The dimensions seem DEEP. I think it's like 344ft. to the corners, but the biggest shocks are Left-Center is 386ft, and Right-Center is 392ft.!!! Center field is a whopping 427ft.

I don't know of a deeper center field in all of baseball. The corners are very high up there too. The 392 right-center number might be the farthest in baseball too.

These are numbers that surpass parks like Comerica Park, known pitcher's parks. The 427ft. center field is farther than Minute Maid Park in Houston.

I'm guessing it's gonna be a pitcher's park, and Hanley Ramirez numbers will decline even further. Other than maybe Michael Stanton, the Marlins are taking a big risk with those dimensions considering they lack both McGwire-type HR power, and also lack small ball players.

Miami is not gonna win on power with a home ballpark like that.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

@faldor:

Believe it or not, my choices would be Kennedy & Axford. But I wouldn't sweat going with Latos over Kennedy either.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Haha, who knows man? They haven't played there yet, lol.

Based on the dimensions, i'm gonna guess pitcher friendly immediately.

The dimensions seem DEEP. I think it's like 344ft. to the corners, but the biggest shocks are Left-Center is 386ft, and Right-Center is 392ft.!!! Center field is a whopping 427ft.

I don't know of a deeper center field in all of baseball. The corners are very high up there too. The 392 right-center number might be the farthest in baseball too.

These are numbers that surpass parks like Comerica Park, known pitcher's parks. The 427ft. center field is farther than Minute Maid Park in Houston.

I'm guessing it's gonna be a pitcher's park, and Hanley Ramirez numbers will decline even further. Other than maybe Michael Stanton, the Marlins are taking a big risk with those dimensions considering they lack both McGwire-type HR power, and also lack small ball players.

Miami is not gonna win on power with a home ballpark like that.

Though Mike Stanton can hit the ball DEEP, a pitchers ballpark could definately affect his numbers. Take a look at the Twins, when they moved to Target Field, Mauer and Morneaus HR numbers nose dived

Fantasy wise, I think Stanton is a sleeper pick and could easily hit around 40 HR this year

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm not sure how much power Stanton has opposite field, but Right Field is the shorter porch in the new ballpark, I think 335ft. versus left field's 344ft.

And like Miller Park & Chase Field, other NL ballparks with retractable roof stadiums, wind/weather is rarely gonna be a factor. The ball is only gonna carry how much power you put on it.

I don't know. That left/right-center and center field sound DEEP. The left/right-center is comparable to Target Field (which is known for being a pitcher's park), and like I said the center field I believe will be the deepest in baseball.

It might be more than they can overcome. Something tells me they end up bringing those walls further in.

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

Just throwing it out there, is anyone interested in being in a Gnrevolution Free Fantasy Baseball League on ESPN? The league would need atleast 6 people. Draft would be in March

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'm in 2 other leagues for money, but I could always be enticed to do another strictly for fun.

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

Yeah I'm also in a money league so I'm actually paying attention the stats, etc.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I wouldn't mind doing it, but problem is... I don't think anybody outside us 3 would ever sign up. Kinda kills that '6' thing. hmm

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yankees, Pirates progressing towards A.J. Burnett deal
by Ronald Blum / AP Sports

large_2aj-burnett415.jpg

NEW YORK (AP)—The New York Yankees and Pirates have made progress toward a trade that would send much-maligned pitcher A.J. Burnett to Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh would pay at least $10 million of the $33 million Burnett is owed in the final two seasons of his $82.5 million, five-year contract, a person familiar with the discussions said Monday. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because talks are ongoing.

The exact amount of money involved in the trade depends on the quality of the prospects the Yankees would receive, the person said.

Burnett, a 35-year-old right-hander, has struggled to a 34-35 record and 4.79 ERA during three seasons with New York and went 11-11 with a 5.15 ERA last year. His average of 3.98 walks per nine innings is second in the AL and fifth in the majors during that span among pitchers with 400 or more innings, according to STATS LLC.

New York appears to have an excess of starting pitchers after acquiring Michael Pineda from Seattle in a trade and agreeing to a one-year deal with free agent Hiroki Kuroda. They join holdovers CC Sabathia, Ivan Nova, Phil Hughes and Freddy Garcia.

In addition, the Yankees think highly of four starting prospects, right-handers Adam Warren, Dellin Betances and David Phelps, and left-hander Manny Banuelos. All are likely to start the season at Triple-A.

Burnett would join a rotation that includes newly signed Erik Bedard and returnees James McDonald, Kevin Correia and Jeff Karstens. Charlie Morton is recovering from hip surgery in October. When Morton is available, Karstens could return to the bullpen and spot starts.

Board footer