You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Dizzy Reed Discusses Band’s Future: ‘There’s So Much Material'

faldor wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

No point in it unless new manager can get a release from the record company.

I think that goes without saying.  Before going through "all that" again, I think they'd cover all their bases and make sure things would be smoother this time around before jumping all in on a new release.

That's why I kind of took his comments about seeing how this tour in the US went as sort of a positive.  As long as the tour continues to stay positive that is.  If they prove that THIS current lineup can be a viable commodity in the US, then they might be able to convince the record company that it would be worthwhile for another release.

Unfortunately though, the CD saga was SO bad, I don't think anyone is really in a rush to revisit the process.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah but the problem is, RIGHT NOW would be THE BEST time to convince the record company to bite on a less bullshit new-Guns N' Roses to push.

I thought Axl's comment about American's reaction to the show's, "so we'll see". I think that was Axl's way of confirming, "if American live audiences don't impress them... don't expect anything anytime soon; not my fault, sorry".

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

The point would be to enjoy creating as a band. Money and fame aside thats what they're in it for too, right?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah but the problem is, RIGHT NOW would be THE BEST time to convince the record company to bite on a less bullshit new-Guns N' Roses to push.

I thought Axl's comment about American's reaction to the show's, "so we'll see". I think that was Axl's way of confirming, "if American live audiences don't impress them... don't expect anything anytime soon; not my fault, sorry".

That's how I took it too, so "we'll see".

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

At this moment I'm really only expecting and excited for the possibility of catching a show, possibly seeing another GN'R video (pretty big deal for me, anyway) and the R&RHOF.

But going on the vibe of what Axl has been saying, a new album isn't in the cards as of right now.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

The point would be to enjoy creating as a band. Money and fame aside thats what they're in it for too, right?

With no way to release it, that's just frustration.

Writing lyrics and guitar parts are fine. But they're not going to book studio time unless they know it's paid for and they're actually going to be able to put a record out.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

At this moment I'm really only expecting and excited for the possibility of catching a show, possibly seeing another GN'R video (pretty big deal for me, anyway) and the R&RHOF.

But going on the vibe of what Axl has been saying, a new album isn't in the cards as of right now.

I so wish Axl could go independent. Let DJ's people design a new GN'R website. That would so be up his alley right now. He could just release the shit on the new website, sell it directly, and just let promo be under the radar.

Axl seems to just want to have that bond to his diehards, use the internet, word of mouth, and just go.

He doesn't give a damn at all of promo. The dude just gave his extended video interview since 1993 (the 2002 VMA thing with Loder doesn't count), and it was a total softball interview. And they had to ask him. The guy obviously doesn't care about promo. And his comment about MTV not really meaning anything anymore pretty much says why he doesn't seem to give a shit about TV promo. For him it doesn't really mean anything anymore... and he'd be right. 'Bout the only way to put yourself over is late night shows. I'm sure all of them would welcome Axl & GN'R, but I think his best bet would be the off-guys like Craig Ferguson, Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon and Conan O'Brien. Those guys would be more down-to-earth and allow Axl to be Axl.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

disappointed & depressed people aren't outraged over the lack of compassion & thought for the fanbase exhibited by dizzy's interview.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

John, Dizzy has been a robot for YEARS.

Nice guy, cool guy, generous with fans out in the shows... but he doesn't say SHIT.

He literally sounds like he's reading from a script with no emotion everytime he does this. Richard is the same way.

Board footer