You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Detroit Lions Fans Furious About Nickelback Halftime Show

Axlin16 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

That alone is better than anything Bon Jovi has ever done. I second a ban.:butt:

Even if you think the music sucks they are not overrated. They are about what they should be in terms of hits and exposure. In fact, considering they have an OD'd singer they're actually kinda underrated.

Nutshell might be the best song to come out of the entire early-to-mid 90's rock genre.

Thirded on that ban, j/k.

AtariLegend wrote:

Creed/Nickleback/Papa Roach were the posters boys for rock's worst ever new wave of music.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh jeez, don't get me started on Papa Roach. They sucked so bad, I skipped seeing them open for GN'R a second time in 2006.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Song is ok... WAY far from best of that era though. Seriously guys come on.

I've always hated that Man In The Box song also

To Each their own

Ill take anything by STP over this.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Man In The Box, Rooster, Nutshell.... poster songs for the entire grunge genre.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Oh yeah, I hate grunge era for the most part

So maybe that explains it.

Entire Grunge era was my Discovery of Prince

So I missed the entire thing. *Thank God*

One of the worst eras since Disco IMO

U had a handful of really talented Grunge bands: SoundGarden Could fucking play *Not a fan,but They can fucking play* STP talented, PJ Talented,, AIC are talented, Layne has that unique vocal so i give that credit

BUT

Grunge is like the Pro Tool era.. It gave Shitty musicians a license to release music. Pro Tools, u got guys who can't play a single instrument making music.. Grunge, U got guys who can barely play guitar releasing absolute SHIT and people marveling over the *Stripped down* Simplistic *RAW* Nature of it.....

Fuck that.   Its dressing up a pig and calling it a plus sized model.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Grunge didn't create Pro Tools... Industrial created Pro Tools.

Thank NIN... which I never liked.

But yeah you not liking grunge, pretty much explains that opinion. You either get it or you don't.

-D-

-D- wrote:

No No, i wasn't saying it created Pro Tools

I was comparing the two

Today, with Pro Tools, U got people who can't play anything *Kanye West* considered one of the top musicians.

Grunge.. was filled with way too many people who couldn't play for shit making music. The whole power chord, one string guitar solo thing.........

I never got into grunge cause i viewed it as "Poser" rock. We've discussed this before, but it was like the "IN" thing and every person I couldn't stand was a grunge rocker buying flanel at the mall wannabe, and i couldn't associate myself with that.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Wow, my experience with grunge couldn't be more opposite. Poser rock was actually GN'R in a way. When GN'R put out the UYI albums, all of the douche bags loved them because of "One In A Million".

Suddenly when grunge hits, they're buying flannel because MTV says it's not cool anymore to like self-indulgent rock. Yet only a year ago they were rocking out to Poison & Bon Jovi. Now suddenly they suck.

But when grunge actually started out, it represented everything Gen X was about and rebelling against. It was music from the heart of a tortured and condemned soul.

Grunge was originally the most honest music around, much like GNR's sleaze rock was with AFD.

I wouldn't condemn those bands though for douche bag fans. AIC, Nirvana, PJ, Soundgarden, and STP were all speaking from the soul.

I will grant you that only AIC could get away with weak guitars and amateur-like bass lines, but it that's what it was about. It was supposed to have a dingy, gutter rut, junkie in cold, sleet-filled Seattle kind of feel. It worked precisely that level. That's why I didn't like when Pearl Jam got so upbeat. Fuck that.

Cantrell wasn't Kim Thayil (the Slash/Buckethead of grunge). But Cantrell was a BRILLIAINT writer. Layne didn't get involved more until Jar of Flies & Tripod.

Cantrell might not of been the best player around (he was still better than Cobain), but his writing has been under-rated to this day. I would put his stuff up against ANYTHING Cornell, Cobain or Vedder brought to the table.

Board footer