You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Detroit Lions Fans Furious About Nickelback Halftime Show

Axlin16 wrote:

Think of all the great people to come out of Detroit...

RoboCop! 14

You gotta hand it to Nickelback for laughing this whole thing off. Gained alot of points in my book for doing that. Instead of getting pissed, they're rolling with the punches. Kudos.

"Why do I have to be Dave Coulier?"

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Did anybody see the performance? They got a mixed reaction, and after they played they still had a mixed reaction.

That song they played... man... I didn't know Nickelback could find a way to get more soft.

It sounded like elevator music from Michael Bolton.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I miss rock and roll, like real rock and roll. Will it ever return?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

No way in hell will it ever return.

Same with every other form of music. There's a couple REAL DEAL country artists lingering out there, but even the "outlaw" image has been manufactured and streamlined for the Taylor Swift crowd.

The problem is, it's even harder for the labels to push unique acts today. You're dealing with a music consuming generation now which are so fast-paced with work, kids, life, and living every breathing moment on goddamn Facebook, that they EXPECT their music to be reliable and be "wam bam, thank you ma'am".

Even music lovers don't want uniqueness anymore. They want familiarity if they're gonna spend their money.

So in a nutshell... real deal music will never return. It's all streamlined now, and it'll just get more and more streamlined. And even the underground acts try to streamline their shit now to try desperately to break in.

It's done imo. Everything is so so so fuckin' commercial now. It's just gonna get worse the deeper we get in the digital age.

johndivney wrote:

real rock n roll is alive & doing just fine
it just doesn't belong @ a ht slot in an american nfl game alongside adverts for bud lite, tampax & dog food.

fwiw - the point made about AiC being UNDERrated despite having a singer who died from O.D. is startling & very true.
layne did himself in too late.
cantrell is now one of rocks great survivors & wrote a bunch of songs worthy of any great hard rock act. (he wasn't a songwriter on a par w/kurt but only a handful of people ever have been so the comparison is p moot on that basisbut it's also due to the volume of great work cantrell has produced - & continues to do)
AiCdefo one of best hard rock bands ever.
but they're not from detroit either.
Creed (& matchbox20 etc) & p much any american band post-95 would be laughable were they not so nefarious & phony.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
johndivney wrote:

real rock n roll is alive & doing just fine

Such... as... ?

AtariLegend wrote:

I remember Kerrang UK radio made "Dark Horse" by Nickleback there album of the week with "Chinese Democracy" on release week. The idea being that "Dark Horse" was a better album.

Pretty much say's it all how the album got burried, by people who never heard it.

Disgusting in hind sight.

Board footer