You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Detroit Lions Fans Furious About Nickelback Halftime Show

Axlin16 wrote:

Wasn't Dark Horse the one that critics turned on Nickelback and called it a big piece of juvenile shit?

If that was considered better than CD... jesus.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah but that last one they did was particularly slaughtered by critics. The one they did that has "Rockstar" sold millions and millions, and got universal positive reviews.

Then they followed it up with something that changed the tide on them. I assumed it was that one.

But I know what you mean. Maybe not a 14-year old, but they are in the vein of Creed. All of their songs sound like they were written specifically by a 17 or 18-year old male football jock in high school.

That's why I find it so funny when people, such as Cobain, looked at GN'R as "jock rock".

That couldn't be further from the truth.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

No way in hell will it ever return.

Same with every other form of music. There's a couple REAL DEAL country artists lingering out there, but even the "outlaw" image has been manufactured and streamlined for the Taylor Swift crowd.

The problem is, it's even harder for the labels to push unique acts today. You're dealing with a music consuming generation now which are so fast-paced with work, kids, life, and living every breathing moment on goddamn Facebook, that they EXPECT their music to be reliable and be "wam bam, thank you ma'am".

Even music lovers don't want uniqueness anymore. They want familiarity if they're gonna spend their money.

So in a nutshell... real deal music will never return. It's all streamlined now, and it'll just get more and more streamlined. And even the underground acts try to streamline their shit now to try desperately to break in.

It's done imo. Everything is so so so fuckin' commercial now. It's just gonna get worse the deeper we get in the digital age.

I pretty much agree although I thik it could comeback IF big bands like U2, RHCP, Pearl Jam, Linkin Park(yes Linkin Park) would make music that is inspiring to them and not worry about what's gonna get on Radio. Radiohead could help as well but they are  different in the sense that they could make great songs fit for radio but they don't want that.  the window is closing fast though cause there aren't any huge bands coming up and the old ones will eventually fade out so.... Guns N' Roses could be a band that could help save things. If you get legit big bands who are guaranteed airplay to make real music that's not formulated for radio then there's hope as it could create a trickle down effect but it's  a very small window and it's closing fast.  That's what pisses me off about U2 is I knwo they ahve a lot of material that is probably awesome but in thier eyes and minds it's not fit to compete on radio with today's artists so they relase the stuff we hear, which is still good but it's not helping the industry get off this downward spiral.  RHCP too. The last decade has been tailor made for radio when it comes to them. I do liek their two most recent singles though. Howevre in a world where lip syncing is accepetd and even encouraged it is in all likelyhood a lost cause.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Don't let the shit that you hear on the radio make you think that rock n roll is dead.  There's tons of good music out there if you're not used it being force fed to you. You gotta dig a little bit.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Rex wrote:

Don't let the shit that you hear on the radio make you think that rock n roll is dead.  There's tons of good music out there if you're not used it being force fed to you. You gotta dig a little bit.

This is true. The sad part though is GREAT rock music used to be on the radio and used to be top 40. 1989-1994 is a prime example.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.noise11.com/news/nickelback- … dium=email

Nickelback Beat Out Rihanna On This Week’s ARIA Chart

by Andrew Tijs on November 28, 2011

Nickelback hit number one, and Rihanna can only snare number five, in this week’s ARIA Chart Wrap.

Yes, we’re aware that Nickelback are popular but it’s certainly a surprise to see their seventh album Here And Now debut at number one this week, especially since Rihanna’s new album Talk That Talk could only manage a number five debut behind Adele, Michael Buble and Susan Boyle.

Drake’s second album Take Care debuted at number 15 and Stan Walker’s third album Let The Music Play  debuted at 18.

A triple-whammy sees Kate Bush’s 50 Words For Snow at 22, David Campbell’s ‘80s collection Let’s Go at 23, and Snow Patrol’s Fallen Empires at 24.

Dolly’s visit helped her Better Day album into the 29 spot, and hard rockers Daughtry got the number 32 spot for Break The Spell.

Otherwise, there wasn’t much movement on the album chart, apart from a heavy drop for the Rewiggled tribute, down from 25 to 50.

And we can surely expect big bumps for albums from ARIA-winners Gotye and Boy & Bear next week, who are currently at 16 and 45 respectively.

We do have a new number one single, though. X-Factor-winner Reece Mastin went insta-Gold with his first song ‘Good Night’.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That might be the one case in where I root for them.

I'd much rather be force fed Nickelback than fuckin' Rihanna.

Board footer