You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Dallas, TX 11/5/2011 Gexa Energy Pavillion

tejastech08 wrote:

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2011/no … -pavilion/

Agenda-driven review right there. This is what I was talking about the other day when I said the ship had sailed for Axl ever having good PR again. This review actually complains about a 10 PM start on a Saturday. Pretty fucking pathetic, but Axl dug his own grave years ago. They'll never give him a fair shake ever again.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

What a punk mother fucker.  I mean, christ.  The main act took the stage when the show wasn't supposed to start till 8:30 according to tickets.  There was no real wait that wasn't necessary.  You could see the crew setting up the stage for guns and maybe 15 mins after the last piece was set and the last guitar check done, the lights dimmed and it started.  What more can you ask for?

I agree that Axl's vocals were low, but that is a mixing board issue.  The guy's vocals were top notch.  He wasn't off key and hit everything perfectly.  Axl has always gone off stage during solos, so what is the big deal.

You can dislike that the original band isn't together.  You can dislike that Axl isn't sucking the dick of every so called reporter in the city he's playing in.  But fuck, call good music good music.  Rio was a clusterfuck, but last night was fucking amazing.

I think I understand why anyone with any kind of fame ignores media reviewers, because if they didn't bitch, the hordes of miserable people wouldn't have anything to talk about.  It's like it's their job to create controversy and negativity.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Agenda-driven review right there. This is what I was talking about the other day when I said the ship had sailed for Axl ever having good PR again. This review actually complains about a 10 PM start on a Saturday. Pretty fucking pathetic, but Axl dug his own grave years ago. They'll never give him a fair shake ever again.

I didn't think it was all that bad of a review. The comments are starting to get savage against the reviewer, though. He/she mostly complained about how Axl looked, and his disappearing into his secret room and that he/she wanted Slash there. They did seem to try to paint it in a negative light in some spots. They didn't know whether his voice was good or not, because their opinion kept changing throughout the review.   

Really, this sounds like the reviewers first GN'R show. And it struck me that it was one of those reviews where they write what they think people want to hear.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

Really, this sounds like the reviewers first GN'R show. And it struck me that it was one of those reviews where they write what they think people want to hear.

Nailed for truth.

Sky Dog wrote:

wasn't THAT bad of a review...whatever, if Ax keeps showing up at the scheduled shows and we get no cancellations, it will be a success. Come hell or high water he needs to complete this US tour.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I didn't think it was all that bad of a review. The comments are starting to get savage against the reviewer, though. He/she mostly complained about how Axl looked, and his disappearing into his secret room and that he/she wanted Slash there. They did seem to try to paint it in a negative light in some spots. They didn't know whether his voice was good or not, because their opinion kept changing throughout the review.   

I'd even take that a step further and say he's writing what 75-90% of the people at the shows will be thinking.  Even if the band puts on a great show.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

The review didn't come off as negative to me at all.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
Cramer wrote:

The review didn't come off as negative to me at all.

Agree completely. Seemed fine. Not every show is going to be A+++ fantastic. Sounded like a good show from the review.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Sounded like a good show from the review.

That sounded like a good show from the review? 14

Board footer