You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Dallas, TX 11/5/2011 Gexa Energy Pavillion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

what is up with the volume of Axl's vocals???  it seems like this is a recurring complaint at all of these shows.

my buddy went to the Atlanta show. not a die-hard at all (he actually got free tix - he works for CNN). and he said that thorughout the entire show his vocals were too low and at times could barely hear him.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Position in the venue can effect stuff.

For example when I saw Motley Crue a couple of months back i was dead in front of Nikki's bass rig and I could bearly hear anything that wasn't bass....guitar solos...vox...could hear them but under a blanket of bass...at first I thought the PA was mixed to shit then I realised it's just I'm standing infront of the woofers and probably also in the boomy part of the room or something.

Also GNR is tough to mix as Axl sings in like 5 octaves, with a quiet deep voice or a wild scream, then there's 2 keyboards, 3 guitars - swapping who's doing lead so all needing boosts at different times...would be a challanging gig.

That said...much as I support the new band....I feel maybe something is going on...like they mix low to avoid over scrutiny of the voice..cos it happens with such frequency that otherwise you'd think Axl's perfectionist tendancy would see them have a new sound engineer.

Also...last time i remember the vocals being dominant was the rip stream...and look what people thought of that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl's volume seemed to be perfect the show I was at, and at times seemed to be higher than the band.

Randall Flagg wrote:

Fucking amazing show.  Anyone who says Axl has lost it or this band isn't worthy is someone who's never been to a show.  They were fucking spot on.  Didn't care for the sword, and I missed not hearing Better, but that shows that they're being fluid in their shows and not just reading from a script.  Amazing, amazing show.  I'll be seeing them again in Jersey at the end of the month, so I can't wait.

On a side note.  Don't be a fucking tourist of life.  enjoy the moment.  far too many fucking people at these shows fixated on their damn phones and cameras for the entire show.  live life, don't record it to view later.

I completely agree with the recording thing. It bugged the shit out of me, and it bugged the band too. I could see it. Several times me and my crew had to carry the section with the band, because everyone else was too busy with their phones.

I'm personally appreciative of me being able to text the setlist to Russ and him being able to get it up on Evo... but i'll never do it again. Even though it was brief -- it was a distraction that I HATED during the show. I stuck with it, but as the show wore on, I realized how distracted I felt, even it it was a couple seconds.

I miss the old days where you DON'T HAVE FUCKING PHONES, and you just go to the show and immerse yourself in the experience. That's not to slag Orlando 2011, it's just I won't do it again.

I see people more and more just kinda ignoring life going on because they're too busy trying to record it for YouTube. Fuck that. You're memory of witnessing it will be far grander than anything on YouTube.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

Alright!!! Does anyone know how I can download that and save it? I know there's been alot of debate in this thread about living in the moment, but I'm excited someone took the time to film the show. This was the first show where I actually had the guts to bring a camera and take some pictures. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything, but I am glad to have pictures to look at again.

What bugged ME was the guy next to me on his damned Blackberry. At first I gave him the benefit of maybe he's texting the setlist or a friend who was late, but then he tried to take a phone call, and I'm like dude seriously?! He left eventually. That was annoying. OH! And, the parents with their little girl who was maybe 4, IN THE PIT WITH HER. I get you want to go to a concert and all, and sure your kid can come, but in the pit spitting distance to the stage? I dunno. I thought it was wrong.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Any disfunctional consequences are outweighed by a proper gn'r musical education you ask me. 14

Board footer