You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: QUEEN Discussion

Axlin16 wrote:

I get chills thinking of GaGa at the piano belting out "The Show Must Go On", or doing her stage show and nailing "Radio GaGa" to a stadium full of people.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
supaplex wrote:

wow, how awesome.

imagine if they would have released this when it was recorded. while both of them were huge.

Wonder why they didn't?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

You know that's a question i've asked for years. There was an interview where Freddie talked about recording with Michael, and he almost acted like he was disappointed that they did it and Michael didn't want it released.

Michael supposedly was in to it, then suddenly got skittish about putting the material out, and to this day I have no clue why. None of us do now that they are both gone.

Michael even then was supposedly very difficult to deal with on a business level, because he was surrounded by a bunch of yes men.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.noise11.com/news/queen-abort … dium=email

Queen Abort New Freddie Mercury Album

by Paul Cashmere on December 5, 2011

The planned Queen album made from unused Freddie Mercury recordings has been dumped.

Queen drummer Roger Taylor has confirmed that the project to create an album from Freddie demos has been officially cast aside although there could be two songs that could make it to release.

Taylor told Ultimate Classic Rock, “I’ve got to tell you, there won’t be an album. There’s just not enough and the last thing I want to do is have a sort of barrel-scraping exercise.”

The rumoured Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson songs do exist and will be released. “There’s a couple of great tracks that Freddie recorded with Michael Jackson that Brian and I are working on and they are good. So at some point they will surface I think when we feel it’s a good moment. I don’t really want to ride any sort of wave there. So that’s an interesting thing, but that will be probably later some point next year.”

Expect some Queen activity in 2012.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

It's really cool that the guys in Queen can take a step back and look at it like that.  They don't want to ruin their friend's legacy.  I really look forward to hearing whatever they do release, though.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Shit...

Well I knew it seemed too good to be true.

My guess is they jumped the gun, it sounded good conceptually, then they got into the studio and realized it doesn't work. They barely got away with it with 1995's Made In Heaven.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Made in Heaven was pretty good, I thought – certainly the most thematically consistent of Queen's records. But yeah, you could hear where they were papering over the gaps in the material. I'd love to have heard Face it Alone completed, but there just isn't the material available to do it justice. Maybe as a duet with a new singer, but the fans would blow a gasket.

And I'm impressed with Adam Lambert's performance. I'd happily watch him if he went on tour with Queen – though I'd rather they didn't just do a karaoke-style run through of the old hits, I'd like to see them do a full album together. He's the only person I've seen who has the showmanship and the voice to perform Freddie's material, and I'd be prepared to give him a fair chance. Rather him than Paul Rogers or Robbie Williams or the various others they've tried over the years.

It'd be nice if Queen and Lambert actually got a bassist to record with them in studio rather than just having a session guy on tour. Ideally Deacon, but someone like Gail Ann Dorsey might be good (and could bolster the backing vocals a bit!).

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Lambert was arrested for assault yesterday

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Neemo wrote:

Lambert was arrested for assault yesterday

Excellent. Cementing his rock n' roll credentials. All he needs to do now is get into a fight with Tommy Hilfiger and we're sorted.

Board footer