You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: QUEEN Discussion

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree. King Mercury is the best to ever pick up a mic.

My mother will still tell me, "I just don't get what everyone saw in him" 16

Greatness can blind you like the sun, 'cause all I hear is RADIO GA GA!

Greatest moment in the history of rock. Elvis '68 comeback and The Beatles on the Apple rooftop are little below it.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I agree. The thing was Freddie had a vocal range that was as good in the studio as it was live! He took great care of it and turned into a well oiled machine and gave everyone a show to remember. Even if you listen to the song Mr. Bad Guy from his solo record, you could see what more he was capable of.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:

I did a search and found that this is the longest thread we have going on Queen so I just changed the title.

Having a morning where I'm reflecting on just how good Freddie was at what he did:

One Vision is actually one of my favorite Queen songs! big_smile cool

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Queen + Adam Lambert And Elton John To Play Kiev

by VVN Music on June 8, 2012

Queen, featuring Adam Lambert on lead, and Elton John are set to play the Elena Pinchuk ANTIAIDS Foundation show in Kiev the night before the Euro 2012 Final.

The June 30 show at Independence Square is a charity event dedicated to the fight against HIV/AIDS and is expected to draw hundreds of thousands of people to the main square in Kiev along with being watched by millions in the Ukraine and Poland.

This is not the first time either act has stepped forward to fight HIV and AIDS in the Ukraine. From the press release:

Sir Elton John, whose AIDS Foundation has been working in Ukraine since 2002, first joined forces with the Elena Pinchuk ANTIAIDS Foundation in 2007 with a free national concert and a joint nationwide programme aimed at helping HIV-positive children. Elena Pinchuk ANTIAIDS Foundation provided a grant of 2.5 million USD for the five-year project “Children+”, which was also supported by the Big Lottery Fund from the UK. To date, the programme has directly supported over 3,000 children infected and affected by HIV/AIDS.

In 2011 the two Foundations presented a second initiative to the public – a new joint charity project providing prevention and care services for homeless girls and young women who live and work on the streets of Kiev, one in five of whom are living with HIV.

One of the lasting results of a concert by Queen + Paul Rodgers at the Kharkov Plosha Svobody (the Liberty Square) organized in cooperation with the Mercury Phoenix Trust (www.mercuryphoenixtrust.com) in September 2008 was a new care centre for HIV-positive children in the Zelenogaisky orphanage in Kharkov which was repaired and renovated using the funds raised the concert.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Pretty cool. Best of luck for them in raising money to help with treatments and awareness. smile

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Well, tonight's the night. Queen + Adam Lambert in the Hammersmith Apollo. Going by the YouTube videos of their previous performances, it'll be fucking awesome. smile

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Sorry for the late reply... hopefully it was a cool show.

Review time man

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Awesome. One of the single best gigs I've been to. Lambert owned the stage - he's got an incredible voice and stage presence, and unlike Paul Rodgers he can carry off this sort of outfit:

adam.png?w=593&h=417

Brian was on form too - and nice to see him not relying on the crutch of a second guitarist.

Another One Bites The Dust was a particular highlight, for Lambert's call-and-response vocals with the audience - caught sight of Brian standing back with this big shit-eating grin on his face. "Thank Christ, we've found another one."

[youtube]V2e9mwTjCNI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

Likewise I Want It All - he's invented a Radio Ga Ga style audience-participation gesture for a song that Queen never performed live - and Who Wants To Live Forever, where he sings one line before the solo that had me and my mate looking at each other, going, "bloody hell, how did he do that?"

Plus Queen seem to get on really well with him, joking around on stage, and so forth. Look at this and tell me they're not going to do an album together:

l6.gif

The gig slowed a bit in the middle, as we got two Roger-led numbers, a Brian acoustic solo, a drum solo and then a big Brian guitar solo - they would've been better spaced throughout the set than all lumped together in the middle. But on the whole it was bloody amazing. Best gig I've been to this year, and I've seen Kanye and Jay-Z, GN'R and Slash, among others.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer