You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: QUEEN Discussion

Axlin16 wrote:

Here's the thing. I like Lambert. I've heard Lambert's vocals be ALOT better than what it's been in the last couple years.

I think part of this is him putting his own spin on Freddie's songs. But at the same time -- he still ain't Freddie. I hate that shaky Bonnie Tyler-vocal thing he does to his voice on some of these songs.

He's trying to do Freddie vocal gymnastics... and he's not Freddie. It just comes across as raspy and weird.

But is he talented? Oh yeah, and frankly... this is as good as it gets. I look forward to an album. Far more than Paul Rodgers.

Lambert doesn't have Freddie's stage prescence... thing is -- no one does. Freddie is probably the greatest rock frontman of all time. Hard to follow that up.

I think the problem with Lambert's machismo on stage is it's OBVIOUSLY gay. There's nothing male about it.

I think in some ways Freddie's bisexuality in his personal life, benefitted his extroverted stage persona, because Freddie came across as "you didn't know". He could have these feminine moments, but at the same time ooze male rock star more than anyone. Similar to Jagger or Bowie.

I think that's what throws it off, but ultimately i'm down with Lambert. I like it. I'd go see it. And i'm interested to see where it goes.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: QUEEN Discussion

After looking at most of the video footage and some pro shots that have been released, I've had a change of heart in this decision. I fully sport this because Lambert nails the songs even though no one will ever top Mr. Mercury!! Brian and Roger are still on fire with their respective instruments. An album would be interesting if they ever want to go through with the concept. I agree on this analysis! If they do conduct a tour across the states, the UK and elsewhere, you can count me on a ticket cause I want to hear these songs live.

Board footer