You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Another cash grab tour? - Rumored Brazil tour first half of 2008

Mikkamakka wrote:

I expected a SA tour for 2008. They obviously need money, and playing in SA is always fun. I don't have too much problems with Axl playing tribute tours, but I wish he'd have the balls to admit the failure of his never-ending project.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I appreciate both sides on how people feel about this rumoured tour but for me it is senseless to do another tour of "covers" with a few CD songs we have already heard (some for seven years now) thrown in to justify a new tour. 

I don't think it makes anyone a whiner to expect a little respect from someone you have supported for 20 years now.   Axl can't expect to promise things like "this year" and then say we will be given updates then just turn his back on all of that and decide to go milk the cash cow again.   

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trashing GNR nor Axl.  If CD came out tomorrow I'd be breaking my neck to get a copy.  If GNR came close by for a show, I'd be there.  I'm just saying I'd be much more excited about it if the album were released and if we the fans were shown a little more respect.  Another tour without any new music is just the same ol' same ol'.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

...for me it is senseless to do another tour of "covers" with a few CD songs ...Don't get me wrong, I'm not trashing GNR nor Axl...

With all due respect, I don't understand posts like this. You feel that this lineup playing AFD and UYI songs is called "covers" but you're not trashing GNR or Axl. I don't get that.

Obviously you're taking at least a small shot at the current lineup. You obviously don't consider them to be GNR if when they play GNR songs you consider it "covers".

To be fair, only one member of this version of GNR wrote half the songs they play with no input from the rest of the guys currently in the band who weren't around when the songs were written.  It's actually more than half, but I didn't want to piss off the couple people that incorrectly think Dizzy contributed anything to the writing process of UYI. 

It isn't the same band.  It's a band that goes by the same name.

the band is guns n roses.    they are going to play guns n roses songs.. thats the way it is.    no need for the name argument yet again.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

the band is guns n roses.    they are going to play guns n roses songs.. thats the way it is.    no need for the name argument yet again.

Nobody argues that this band is called Guns N' Roses, but noone can question that they (except Axl) play other people's songs they don't even like.

Mikkamakka wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

Nobody argues that this band is called Guns N' Roses, but noone can question that they (except Axl) play other people's songs they don't even like.

if you don't like it, then don't fucking go.   and to say none of the guys in the band don't enjoy playing the songs is a stupid assumption and one i do not believe to be true considering I actually WITNESSED this band playing live several times and everyone was having a great time.

what all you people who complain about this band touring as Guns N' Roses and not releasing the album, there is one thing you dont' understand.  These shows (at least the ones I was at) are all a POSITIVE experience for the majority of people who are actually there.   

A major turning point that caused me to dislike majority of the "fans" on these boards was after the shows I saw in Vegas in Sept of 2006.  Both of the shows were incredible, the band was extremely tight, the crowd seemed to love every bit of it..  I got my money's worth and so much more.. That was one of the best weekends of my whole life.    Then I come home and go online to see nothing but a bunch of people bitching about it.     Post after post complaining about the setlist when they werent' even at the fucking show.    Just so everyone knows, for the people who were actually at those shows, we had a great fucking time.    And I can't wait to see the band again.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i wouldnt doubt they would tour contries they havent been to yet as a new band....South America, South Africa, Mexico, etc etc

if they are active again i think it would be good...just so their name is in the press...but they better not come back stateside without an album....i think they would be a laughing stock if they did

Board footer