You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Re: Another cash grab tour? - Rumored Brazil tour first half of 2008

Abbey_Road wrote:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … ic=50293.0

Sorry for the lame ass translation:

Will they come?

(...)

Another one who has "good chances" (says a producer) to be here is the Guns N' Roses, at the beginign of the second half of the year.

Whole article (in portuguese): http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/ilus … 9387.shtml

=======

Well, this is a really reliable source (I mean, the newspaper). But I dunno about their source, so, take it as a grain of salt. Also, shall I remember you that last year we had several rumors about shows in Brazil and nothing happened?

Maybe people here wouldn't be interested, but if this is true, it may be a good sign of things starting to moving again. Maybe with the album too. Here's hope!   

My two cents is this.  How can the album be in the hands of the record company?  A record company who anticipates the next GNR album isn't going to hold it up.  If it was in the record company's hands, we'd know.  I mean, wouldn't promotion be starting if it was about to be released?  And who is going to fund this promotion? 

If this rumor is true, it can only mean one thing.  The album isn't done and as Jameslofton would say, put on your cash grab tour hats folks.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

Didn't mean to post this four times.  My computer got stuck.

AtariLegend wrote:

My two cents are this, I think you need to go to a currency exchange or something.

calling it a 'cash grab' tour shows your obvious bias but I never take your posts seriously anyways.

I am praying GnR tours again without an album just to spite you cynical fuckers who do nothing but whine and turn every topic into "so how does this effect the album?"

maybe it has jack shit to do with the album!  maybe they just want to perform some shows for some fans.  I sure as fuck don't need an album to enjoy a kickass rock show.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Well if they're going to tour with no album then South America is the obvious choice. GNR are still huge over there and they haven't done a show there (except one) since 93 so they'll get big crowds.

at the beginign of the second half of the year.

I'm assuming that means around July and August rather than first half of 08. If that's the case I suppose it gives plenty of time for stuff to happen album wise before they were to hit the road. Meh, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This wouldn't make much sense. Sounds like its rumored for summer, and I highly doubt they would start a summer tour in South America. Like already mentioned, they haven't played their since the UYI era and could probably pull off a spring or fall tour there.

If a summer tour happens, it would likely be in Europe(at the festivals) without an album and if CD is on the launch pad, the tour would be here in the States.

I guess anything is possible.

I am praying GnR tours again without an album just to spite you cynical fuckers

I don't know why you would wish career suicide on your favorite band just to spite half the fanbase. They come to this side of the world again for an arena tour without an album, its over. Period. Not only would there be less interest than in 06(for the obvious reason), what would kill them is the media backlash.

If like you said they just want to play for fans, why aren't they doing a club tour here? They could most likely sustain a low profile club tour without an album here in the States. If M.I.A. can sell out clubs in major US cities, then so can GNR.

While I have very little interest in an albumless tour, I would definitely go see them at the Mezzanine.:mosh:

A club tour would allow them to be more risky. If the album is anywhere on the horizon, they could test out various setlists and see what the reactions are.

Jameslofton wrote:

I don't know why you would wish career suicide on your favorite band just to spite half the fanbase. They come to this side of the world again for an arena tour without an album, its over. Period. Not only would there be less interest than in 06(for the obvious reason), what would kill them is the media backlash.

If like you said they just want to play for fans, why aren't they doing a club tour here? They could most likely sustain a low profile club tour without an album here in the States. If M.I.A. can sell out clubs in major US cities, then so can GNR.

While I have very little interest in an albumless tour, I would definitely go see them at the Mezzanine.:mosh:

A club tour would allow them to be more risky. If the album is anywhere on the horizon, they could test out various setlists and see what the reactions are.

It wouldn't be career suicide if it was done right.   

A club tour would be great, but I have a feeling that might not be enough to offset the cost of the monster of a show this band puts on.    A theatre tour however, I think could do really well.   But they'll still sell out MSG with no problem.    There are also a lot of places in the US they haven't played yet.   Texas, Arizona, Colorado, lots of places out west and in the southwest.    And of course they'll always do well here in Vegas.

People put too much emphasis on the album.    I feel so disillusioned from most GnR fans.    I want to see the band any chance I can.

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

It wouldn't be career suicide if it was done right.   

A club tour would be great, but I have a feeling that might not be enough to offset the cost of the monster of a show this band puts on.    A theatre tour however, I think could do really well.   But they'll still sell out MSG with no problem.    There are also a lot of places in the US they haven't played yet.   Texas, Arizona, Colorado, lots of places out west and in the southwest.    And of course they'll always do well here in Vegas.

People put too much emphasis on the album.    I feel so disillusioned from most GnR fans.    I want to see the band any chance I can.

I too do love to see them and when I am there I totally forget about anything having to do with CD and totally get lost in the show.  I too get annoyed at times that no matter what we get from them or the band some members feel if it's not about CD it sucks.   On flip side I can see where those that do are coming from but in the end, anything having to do with Axl or the band is great in my book because this is the band I am into and constantly post on message boards about for years so why wouldn't I love anything having to do with them regardless if it's about CD or not.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Must be time to make payroll again.  I think the accountant said you're going to run out of money in September, so they have to go out on the road to support themselves, not an album.

Board footer