You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Slash - "Made In Stoke" DVD & Blu-ray

Axlin16 wrote:

I can understand that.

But see it from the way I see it.

Axl Rose fucking up and doing the song badly in 2002/11 form, is still equal-level to Myles at 100%.

That's gotta say something, and that's the reason i'd take helium Axl over helium Myles.

Other than Bucket's Nightrain solo... I think every single AFD track is performed instrumentally better by Slash & Duff than any of the new GN'R lineups.

There's a certain sound that Slash's guitar has live that is just not duplicated by new GN'R. I've heard both live, and I knew instantly when I heard Slash live in 2011, that "sound", that guitar "feel", was what GN'R had been missing. Songs like Michelle, SCOM, Nightrain & PC suddenly sounded "right" again.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

i like Richard Fortus tone best in new gnr not a fan of bubbles tone

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Which I can see. Richard has an old Guns tone to his sound, which is totally different from Ron, and frankly DJ also. And especially Robin & Bucket.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bumble is too processed. Too much gain, Which he needs to pull of his tricks.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

There's no doubt that gain helps a shredder. But for the record on a skype lesson I saw bumble do insane guitar gymnastics on a clean amp..without even the hint of a fumble, muted note or anything else...so I'm not sure he "needs" it to pull of tricks or if he just favours it.

I'm glad bumble is in GNR, but guitar skills wise, he's sort of wasted as he just does the little shred bucket bits a lot of the time. If you see what he can do in a less performance setting you start to realise that his skill level is well above the normal professional guitarist.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He, bumble, is amazing. But guys like Slash and Zakk are better rock players.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Ron is very impressive, but i've still yet to see that "it" factor out of him. Sure he can play the hell out of other people's music, and improvise very well in their music, but i've still yet to hear an original track by him that really inspires.

I've heard it from Slash, Izzy, Robin, Bucket, and even DJ... but not Ron - yet.

Board footer