You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Gene Simmons says ‘a good beating’ would have helped Axl Rose

-D- wrote:

Like when people said jon bon jovi cussed Axl.... I don't believe that for a second.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I don't get it. It's like Gene brings up Axl out of the blue, then runs his mouth with no real origin as to why he continues to be pissed at Axl

Seems obvious to me Gene was asked about Axl in this instance and he simply gave an answer to a question.  Doesn't come off as angry at all.

polluxlm wrote:

Axl wasn't even that much into drugs.

I dont' think  Gene was in any way suggesting Axl was into drugs. I took it as though he was saying despite all that stuff that went on in the BAND the disintegration of the original lineup falls on Axl. Many would agree with that.

As for Gene's verbage yeah it sucked but anyone who disgarees that Axl may have benifited from a better upbringing is clearly out to lunch. I think that's all Gene was getting at.

Fact is Gene was asked for his opinion. He gave it. Let's not get all "how dare anyone speak about Axl Rose" when in reality everyone on this board has spoken  poorly about people they don't even know at one time or another and guaranteed Axl has done the same thing no question at all. 

I  agree 100% with Slash_McKagan that people are making a big deal outta nothing.  Gene was asked his opinion and he gave it. End of really.

And I don't even fucking like KISS or Gene Simmons.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I'm not sure if Gene is right or not. He is right about Axl needing more discipline as a kid, and he's right that Axl fucked up by taking so much control of the band. However, I think the band would have broken up regardless of Axl's antics. Axl wanted piano ballads, Slash wanted AFD style hard rock. Two completely opposite agendas. Even if Axl was the nicest person in the world, the thing would have fallen apart at some point.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i seem to recall from rticles way back in the day that axl had a pretty strict religious childhood upbringing ... so i guess that maybe that prolly turned him into more of a rebel to authority than ever

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Lol, if anyone needs an ass whoopin, it's Gene Simmons.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

Gene deffinitely doesn't like Axl, http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=5435&p=1

The other Axl is a shit that needs flushed out of the system comment is around somewhere too.

Maybe it's that Axl joke on the original Trunk show in 2006, where Axl made a joke or something about Kiss songs about young girls and Genes age.

AtariLegend wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Rex wrote:

Lol, if anyone needs an ass whoopin, it's Gene Simmons.

This.

Also,

D- I was gonna bring that Jovi thing up but couldn't find anything more than this:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=49073

to back it up. You're the Jovi authority here, did anything ever come out to give that story any credit? I'm guessing no.

I think you finally found someone on blabbermouth more hated than Axl!!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I don't get it. It's like Gene brings up Axl out of the blue, then runs his mouth with no real origin as to why he continues to be pissed at Axl

Seems obvious to me Gene was asked about Axl in this instance and he simply gave an answer to a question.  Doesn't come off as angry at all.

polluxlm wrote:

Axl wasn't even that much into drugs.

I dont' think  Gene was in any way suggesting Axl was into drugs. I took it as though he was saying despite all that stuff that went on in the BAND the disintegration of the original lineup falls on Axl. Many would agree with that.

As for Gene's verbage yeah it sucked but anyone who disgarees that Axl may have benifited from a better upbringing is clearly out to lunch. I think that's all Gene was getting at.

Fact is Gene was asked for his opinion. He gave it. Let's not get all "how dare anyone speak about Axl Rose" when in reality everyone on this board has spoken  poorly about people they don't even know at one time or another and guaranteed Axl has done the same thing no question at all. 

I  agree 100% with Slash_McKagan that people are making a big deal outta nothing.  Gene was asked his opinion and he gave it. End of really.

And I don't even fucking like KISS or Gene Simmons.

Maybe, but I seem to remember Gene going out of his way to hate on Axl.

I really think all of this stems from when Paul Stanley tried to become GNR's producer in the beginning, and actually sat down with the band and listened to Jungle, and then told them it needed to be more 'poppy' to be a hit. Stanley wanted to take Jungle and streamline it, give it a more refined sound (think Poison doing "Welcome To The Jungle"), and the band refused and cut ties with him. Stanley also gave Slash a bunch of guitars or something gratis, then Slash (big surprise) ran around LA and started bad mouthing Stanley and Simmons and KISS as "poser rock". Slash then called up Stanley like everything was cool and asked for some extra equipment and Stanley basically blew him off and then told him "be careful who you talk shit about around town", then hung up on him.

From that point forward, then Axl goes on tour during the 1987 AFD shows and starts running KISS down publicly, and saying how they can "suck his fucking dick", as an intro to different songs.

That's probably where it began.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Probably. Imagine that though Axl publicly  telling a dude to suck his dick.

We all know the stories of Axl being a  great guy but we all also know Axl's been known to be pretty fucked up and kind of an asshole so it's not hard to see why some people in the industry would have a problem with him while others don't. No differnt than everyday life I guess.

Board footer