You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Gene Simmons says ‘a good beating’ would have helped Axl Rose

Axlin16 wrote:

And the funnier thing to cap it all off... Axl's reward for backing up Slash, was Slash doing the VH1 Honors years later and performing to honor KISS, then going up to Stanley after the show, apologizing for how he acted, and pretty much laid the whole thing at Axl's feet.

What a guy

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Rex wrote:

Lol, if anyone needs an ass whoopin, it's Gene Simmons.

This.

Also,

D- I was gonna bring that Jovi thing up but couldn't find anything more than this:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=49073

to back it up. You're the Jovi authority here, did anything ever come out to give that story any credit? I'm guessing no.

Reason i think its bullshit is because Jon is too media savvy and I've never heard him use strong language like that in an interview..

have a hard time hearing Jon call anybody a motherfucker in print.. Just isn't his style.

Why would he care anyway? I always say if Jon woke up with Axl's career he'd slit his throat while jumping out of a window. *thanks Chris Rock*

-D-

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And the funnier thing to cap it all off... Axl's reward for backing up Slash, was Slash doing the VH1 Honors years later and performing to honor KISS, then going up to Stanley after the show, apologizing for how he acted, and pretty much laid the whole thing at Axl's feet.

What a guy

Thats not how i remember it.. I thought in his book, he talked about how they dissed Paul pretty bad and he then had the nerve to call up Paul and ask if he could get him some free guitars.

Could be wrong.. but i thought it was something like that?????

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

It might've been, it's been awhile.

But I still remember Slash throwing Axl under the bus with them, and basically saying it was a "band" thing, when it wasn't. To my knowledge, both Axl & Steven really liked KISS at one point. Both I think cited their earlier albums as influences.

-D-

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It might've been, it's been awhile.

But I still remember Slash throwing Axl under the bus with them, and basically saying it was a "band" thing, when it wasn't. To my knowledge, both Axl & Steven really liked KISS at one point. Both I think cited their earlier albums as influences.

Sorry just saw ur other post where u mentioned the equipment thing.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Kiss is a fun band that did inspire millions.  I am not inspired by them. They make fun music, but had they never existed, it wouldn't effect me.  With out GNR, I don't what the fuck kind of music I would be into. 

Kiss songs that I love:

Detroit Rock City
Deuce
Strutter
Cold Gin
God of Thunder
Rock and Roll All Night

-D-

-D- wrote:

Kiss was the first band I ever loved and still do.

SG u gotta listen to War Machine, I Still Love you, Heaven's On Fire, Black Diamond, King of the Night Time World, I Want You, FireHouse, Got To Choose, entire "Revenge" album is fantastic.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

My favorite KISS album is Asylum. So i'm WAYYYYYY the fuck out there.

-D-

-D- wrote:

one of my fave kiss songs from animalize

Besides the Paul Stanley/Slash stuff that's already been mentioned, a couple things stick out in my mind..

If Axl was ever anything more than a casual Kiss fan, it had already passed by the time GNR was touring "Appetite". I remember the interview from Donnington, I think, where the interviewer asks "What do you have in common with the other bands that are on the billl (Kiss, Iron Maiden, etc)?", and Axl answered back "Hopefully nothing". I almost spit the first time I watched that - But, at a time when most of the hair metal scene praised Kiss, I can't imagine Gene finding it so funny.

Also, even after all of that, I remember reading something about Gene inviting Axl to be on his solo album "Asshole" during the hermit years, and never hearing back from him or his people. If true, that couldn't have helped feelings any.

When you really get down to it though, they're totally opposite personalities. Sometimes that's reason enough.

Board footer