You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: IF November Rain and Estranged was left as ONE SONG

I've got to say, I think Axl (?) made the right decision on this one. I'm a fan of "November Rain" and a huge fan of "Estranged". If they'd been released as one continuous 25 minute song though, I can't guarantee that I wouldn't take a nap every time they play it in concert. Not to mention the fact that it would have almost definitely turned a major hit and another minor hit into the ultimate fringe song/"deep cut" (and, likely, one that all the message board/Bumblefoot begging in the world couldn't have resurrected in 2011).

Sky Dog wrote:

Sorum is such a douche...complete bullshit story in my opinion. DON'T BELIEVE A WORD OF IT.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
madagas wrote:

Sorum is such a douche...complete bullshit story in my opinion. DON'T BELIEVE A WORD OF IT.

Yeah, because he wasn't there when they were recording or anything was he...? 10

Sky Dog wrote:

NO, because the piano parts aren't close to the same...November Rain was written pre appetite and Axl mentions 3 separate songs in 1989...Without You is obviously Estranged...Rolling Stone 1989...

Any specific titles for the next album you can talk about?

"Well, there's a song called "November Rain" and another one called ""Breakdown". There's also a song tentatively titled "Without You". Last night, I wrote a whole new intro to that. It just appeared out of nowhere, like the verses - just little pieces that have come whole. "

Sky Dog wrote:

but hey, let's daydream all we want...no band member has EVER mentioned Nov Rain and Estranged being one song....but the hired hand drummer who came in after all the songs were written knows the Real story...too funny. 14

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Agreed with Madagas 100%

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah it was fun while it lasted a whole DAY. Let's shit on what Sorum said, and not actually try to figure how this thing could've worked.

That wouldn't be fun as fans at all, right?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

NEVER said it woudln't be fun just said I agreed with Madagas

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Thing is, why would Matt make that up? He has no reason to, and seeing he was there during the actual recording of the UYI albums, I tend to believe him.

Sky Dog wrote:

Because he thought it would be funny? Because he knows how crazy Gnr fans are and he wanted a laugh?

Maybe it is true but I highly doubt it.

Board footer