You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: November 19th - Hartford, CT - Comcast Theater

Naltav wrote:

From Faldor's twitter so far:

@faldor1: Lights down, and we're off
@faldor1: CD, WTTJ, Easy, Brownstone, Sorry
@faldor1: Sounds like a bunch of riff raff to me
@faldor1: Not a fan of that song but they play the shit out of it
@faldor1: Estranged, Better
@faldor1: My favorite fucking song, RQ
@faldor1: Fortus solo
@faldor1: I missed it but apparently some asshole threw a beer at Axl and hit him. This I Love now
@faldor1: Shackler's
@faldor1: My Generation
@faldor1: Dizzy solo, SOD
@faldor1: YCBM with your ass in the air @gunsnroses
@faldor1: DJ solo, Ballad of Death
@faldor1: SCOM obviously. Crowd on the floor is loving it
@faldor1: A little pink floyd jam
@faldor1: NR, Ron solo
@faldor1: OTGM
@faldor1: Could be the greatest show EVER @gunsnroses

Naltav

Naltav wrote:

@gunsnroses: NIGHTRAIN @bumblefoot http://t.co/cNtugBos

Naltav

Naltav wrote:

@gunsnroses: PATIENCE @axlrose @bumblefoot @richardfortus http://t.co/hVrTbh01

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Final setlist for Hartford 2011:

Intro (Dexter Theme)
01. Chinese Democracy
02. Welcome To The Jungle
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Sorry
06. Riff Raff
07. Estranged
08. Better
09. Rocket Queen
      Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme)
10. Live and Let Die
11. This I Love
12. Shackler's Revenge
13. My Generation [feat. Tommy Stinson on vocals]
      Dizzy Reed Piano Solo (Baba O'Riley)
14. Street of Dreams
15. You Could Be Mine
      DJ Ashba Guitar Solo (Mi Amor)
16. Sweet Child O' Mine
      Axl Rose Piano Solo (Another Brick In The Wall / Someone Saved My Life Tonight)
17. November Rain
      Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal Guitar Solo (Pink Panther Theme)
18. Don't Cry
19. Out Ta Get Me
20. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
21. Nightrain

Encore:
22. Madagascar
23. Nice Boys
24. Patience
25. Paradise City

Special thanks to faldor and GN'R Twitter

Comments: Fattest setlist of 2011 so far. This was a GREAT GREAT show for one of our loved members to go.

Faldor you got a great one. No doubt on that "best ever" comment. Glad you liked it. Fuckin' awesome man!

johndivney wrote:

great set

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Man, that was some good stuff.  I go back to what Axl said during the TMS interview.  If you didn't like that show last night, I don't know what to tell you.  There is no hope you will ever like a Guns N' Roses show if that's the case.  I mean, not even Slash himself could've improved the show, at least on my end.  I know some others would argue that to the death, but honestly it was beyond AWESOME!

The one and only complaint that I could see, is that the 3 hour set can be a bit demanding on some.  But if you're going to argue that a band plays to long for the hard earned money you spend, you've got far bigger issues to deal with.  I will say though, my legs were like jello by the end of the marathon, but I'd do it again in an hour if I could. 

Axl and the entire band were in great spirits.  Ron was interacting and joking around with the crowd all night.  I really think they fed off the energy and that's why they played such a long set.  Around the point they played "You Could Be Mine" my buddy asked me how many more songs they'd play, and I told him probably 6 or 7 more.  Boy was I off.  They just kept on going, and I loved every minute of it.  The atmosphere on the floor was fantastic.  I am forever grateful for making that choice.  I had heard it before, but honestly I looked behind me in the seats on a few occasions and it was like those people were watching a different show.  Not quite the same enthusiasm. 

I didn't hear any complaints, or any booing due to the inevitable late start, at least not around me.  Everyone was prepared to wait and did so patiently.  A few people left towards the end, but not an abundant amount. 

It goes without saying, but I highly recommend seeing these guys if given the chance.  They are just absolutely killing it right now.  I took a few videos and they actually came out alright.  I would've taken more but I wasn't sure what the quality would be.  In the process of uploading them to youtube, so stay tuned.

A couple quick notes.  I thought DJ played "Ballad of Death" for his solo.  At the end of the show after the band took their final bows, Baz came out on stage and grabbed the mic to say, "let's hear it for Guns N' F'ng Roses!".  Then Axl made a reference to the Oregon/USC game.  I didn't realize it at the time, but I read that Guns went on minutes after that game ended, so maybe that was the delay.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Here's some of the vids I took.  I tried NOT to sing too much, but I couldn't help myself at times, so pardon my awesome voice in the background.

This one is especially for you Russ, got it just in time
[youtube]Y-IRMVFbUUI&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/youtube]

[youtube]Jg6XVYFmSjo&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/youtube]

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I think you have a very sexy singing voice man, just go with it LOL

I do believe that if we gathered up most people here, got drunk and sang GNR songs all night, it would have been classic.

faldor

faldor wrote:
DCK wrote:

I think you have a very sexy singing voice man, just go with it LOL

I do believe that if we gathered up most people here, got drunk and sang GNR songs all night, it would have been classic.

Yeah, you just can't help yourself when it comes down to it.  The worst thing was, I've had a cough for the last 2 weeks that just won't go away.  So I'd be rocking out singing along and then all of a sudden I'd cough on the people in front of me.  Luckily, I don't think they ever noticed.  I was popping cough drops like it was nobody's business.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:

Thanx for videos, Faldor!  22

Board footer