You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Detroit, MI - The Palace (December 1, 2011)

Axlin16 wrote:

Live and Let Die

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

This I Love

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I read an Orlando review which said there were 7-8000 people in attendance.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
killingvector wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
killingvector wrote:

The stage was apparently pushed to midcourt/midarena due to the low ticket sales. The upper levels have been draped over.  Attendance estimated at less than 7k.

Russ says... "Not even close to being true" about the stage

Agrees with the less than 7,000 assessment.

Palace Concert goers were sent an email that said:

During its first U.S. tour in five years, Guns N' Roses will perform an intimate small theatre configuration show at The Palace tomorrow evening.

If the Palace follows other venue protocol, this means the stage was moved from the end stage to the midcourt position. In addition, one of the Bar members has texted back that the upper levels were curtained off.

So I beg to differ with Russ.

Based on the pics i've seen the configuration looks like a typical end stage configuration.

Russ said that the end stage was intact, and that he had seen Roger Waters there recently and it was exactly the same during Waters show.

So until there's a full debriefing tomorrow... don't argue an e-mail with a REAL PERSON who's actually at the show.

I asked him TWICE to fully confirm that it was not true. He re-affirmed both times. So if there's a mid-stage, there is MASSIVE confusion going on between our communication pre-show.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Sonic Reducer [feat. Tommy Stinson]

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo (Baba O'Riley)

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
killingvector wrote:

It's wrong. But I wouldn't say massively.

The venue STUPIDLY withheld side-stage tickets until the day of the show, thinking people would buy shit seats, and work up into the good seats.

Didn't happen. Security was tight making sure people stayed in their correct seats, then the side stage seats were basically peppered or empty. Then as soon as those sections ended, it was packed from their to the back of the mixing center.

Upper deck was curtained off.

Was higher than 8,000. My guess is it was more like 11,000-12,000.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Street of Dreams

killingvector

Axlin08 wrote:

Based on the pics i've seen the configuration looks like a typical end stage configuration.

Russ said that the end stage was intact, and that he had seen Roger Waters there recently and it was exactly the same during Waters show.

So until there's a full debriefing tomorrow... don't argue an e-mail with a REAL PERSON who's actually at the show.

I asked him TWICE to fully confirm that it was not true. He re-affirmed both times. So if there's a mid-stage, there is MASSIVE confusion going on between our communication pre-show.

If you are looking at the same pics I am, I don't think you can tell.

I will await visual proof and/or Russ description of the stage set up and the meaning of the 'small theater configuration'.

I have two posters at the show sending back reports.

killingvector

Axlin08 wrote:
killingvector wrote:

It's wrong. But I wouldn't say massively.

The venue STUPIDLY withheld side-stage tickets until the day of the show, thinking people would buy shit seats, and work up into the good seats.

Didn't happen. Security was tight making sure people stayed in their correct seats, then the side stage seats were basically peppered or empty. Then as soon as those sections ended, it was packed from their to the back of the mixing center.

Upper deck was curtained off.

Was higher than 8,000. My guess is it was more like 11,000-12,000.

You seem to be spinning positivity, so I will take it all with a grain of salt.

The reporter made an estimate and I tend to trust those without agendas as the review was very positive.

Board footer