You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Detroit, MI - The Palace (December 1, 2011)

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I read an Orlando review which said there were 7-8000 people in attendance.

It's wrong. But I wouldn't say massively.

Was higher than 8,000. My guess is it was more like 11,000-12,000.

While these numbers aren't bad they defiitely don't equate to  the big huge welcome you just described. Seems pretty indicitive of the interest as a whole in the United States. Varying interests in regions give or take a few thousand is expected but I'm guessing it's not like Miami will get 20 000 people where Detroit gets 7000.  the descrepency between Detroit and Orlando doesn't seem all that much really. Just seems like an average interest across the board.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You Could Be Mine

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
killingvector wrote:

While these numbers aren't bad they defiitely don't equate to  the big huge welcome you just described. Seems pretty indicitive of the interest as a whole in the United States. Varying interests in regions give or take a few thousand is expected but I'm guessing it's not like Miami will get 20 000 people where Detroit gets 7000.  the descrepency between Detroit and Orlando doesn't seem all that much really. Just seems like an average interest across the board.

They aren't pushing ANYTHING.

CD was D fucking O fucking A, regardless of what Axl thinks. For as good as an album it was, it appeals to diehards only. Nobody gave a flying fuck about it in the states. They just didn't. No amount of Universal pushing it would change that.

Despite the fact it's GN'R v.6.3, the fact that Axl can still fill an arena half-full despite nothing to push, shows that U.S. interest is at 50% without Slash.

Pretty much obvious imo, considering they had the same average numbers in 2002, 2006, & now.

And btw, 6,000 compared to 12,000 is half the crowd.

You telling me that Orlando at 12,000 versus Detroit at 6,000 isn't fucking embarassing. The small market smokes Detroit? Says something about Detroit... not America.

Plus I thought Miami was a near sellout.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

DJ Ashba Guitar Solo (Mi Amor)

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
killingvector wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
killingvector wrote:

The venue STUPIDLY withheld side-stage tickets until the day of the show, thinking people would buy shit seats, and work up into the good seats.

Didn't happen. Security was tight making sure people stayed in their correct seats, then the side stage seats were basically peppered or empty. Then as soon as those sections ended, it was packed from their to the back of the mixing center.

Upper deck was curtained off.

You seem to be spinning positivity, so I will take it all with a grain of salt.

The reporter made an estimate and I tend to trust those without agendas as the review was very positive.

At Rio IV, "I had an agenda" to bring down Axl Rose and declare Guns N' Roses as over.

Today, "I have an agenda" to spin negativity into positivity.

These kind of inane, lack of knowledge, "let's shit all over an UPDATE thread" type posts which have such a lack of consistency in "pegging Axlin" show how much people just don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

I am more objective than anybody on this board about Axl, and frankly i'm not gonna bust my ass to defend that. When i'm positive ("I have an agenda") when i'm negative ("I'm a hater").

Lightweights man... I deal with lightweights all the time here. roll

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Sweet Child O' Mine

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

From Stacey:

DJ is good. Pay no attention to what Russ says

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Axlin08 wrote:

At Rio IV, "I had an agenda" to bring down Axl Rose and declare Guns N' Roses as over.

Today, "I have an agenda" to spin negativity into positivity.

These kind of inane, lack of knowledge, "let's shit all over an UPDATE thread" type posts which have such a lack of consistency in "pegging Axlin" show how much people just don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

I am more objective than anybody on this board about Axl, and frankly i'm not gonna bust my ass to defend that. When i'm positive ("I have an agenda") when i'm negative ("I'm a hater").

Lightweights man... I deal with lightweights all the time here. roll

Seriously, get over yourself.

I have no idea nor do I care what you posted in the past. But it seems you are very quick to jump on anyone who makes light of poor attendance numbers.

I am happy you enjoyed your shows. But let's not revise history here and call the sky green.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl Rose Piano Solo (Another Brick In The Wall / Someone Saved My Life Tonight ???) / November Rain

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

They aren't pushing ANYTHING.

CD was D fucking O fucking A, regardless of what Axl thinks. For as good as an album it was, it appeals to diehards only. Nobody gave a flying fuck about it in the states. They just didn't. No amount of Universal pushing it would change that.

Despite the fact it's GN'R v.6.3, the fact that Axl can still fill an arena half-full despite nothing to push, shows that U.S. interest is at 50% without Slash.

Pretty much obvious imo, considering they had the same average numbers in 2002, 2006, & now.

And btw, 6,000 compared to 12,000 is half the crowd.

You telling me that Orlando at 12,000 versus Detroit at 6,000 isn't fucking embarassing. The small market smokes Detroit? Says something about Detroit... not America.

Plus I thought Miami was a near sellout.

I just used Miami as an example I have no idea what the numbers were.

Also why are we now suddenly using 6000(Detroit) and 12 000(Orlando) as hard numbers when media reports had Orlando at about 8000 and you yourself said maybe more like 11 000 - 12 000 yet we're using the higher and lower numbers as the actual numbers? 

If we go by the review that killingvector refrenced we could say there was only 7000 in Orlando and 7000 in Detroit so it was the same tongue

Board footer