You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Detroit, MI - The Palace (December 1, 2011)

FlashFlood wrote:

wait a minute - the foo fighters sold out detroit after just releasing an album and Axl didn't? we need a recount.

All you can judge this band by is how the previous incarnations did. Far as i'm concerned, this makes the current incarnation successful imo.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

dunno what attendnace has to do with show quality hmm

Not once did anyone suggest attendence has anything to do with show quality. Why go there and why look for that?  The fact is though if you're playing in a  building that can hold upwards of 20 000 fans and there's only 6500 or so there, if you can make the venue smaller via stage location or curtaining off sections and keeping the crowd more compact it does create a better atmosphere and that's a fact.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yes i agree...but we also discussed possible reasons for this as well in the past

What is the upside of playing for 5000 in a capacity crowd vs 6-8000 in a half full arena?

we obviously dont know the logistics and the benifits/drawbacks of a scenario like this

could be vanity, could be more revenue, hell maybe even axl likes the sound of an arena vs a theatre? i dunno....the stage setup for one doesnt really seem appropriate for a theatre either ... so with 8 guys would their be room for everyone in an intimate venue? with 3 pianos, and a big drum kit and 4 guitarists and a singer running around, maybe pyro is a no no in most theatres?

maybe they book the big venue in case they get a sellout *shrugs*

i dunno...there must be a reason cuz they consistently tour in arenas....

fact is the show kicks ass so who cares where they play it?

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Also must consider the overhead required to transport all that equipment across the country.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Did Ron just hold that sign up for someone, did they say anything?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

blah blah blah blah.

Hey check this out;

the Detroit show was awesome. Whether there was 4 people there or 40000 people there..

Hey check this out;

NOBODY has suggested the show wasn't awesome. Some of you need to stop being so defensive and sensitive. Really.  I mean the discussion was based on the attendance at the DETROIT show and what the stage configuration was at the DETROIT show and the overall interest in the United States in relation to the interest in DETROIT as a whole from a  ticket sales perspective. At NO point did anyone say the show sucked or even slightly suggest that it did. The discussion was specific to this show and naturally evolved. Since when are actual discussions that dont' include any bashing, hate, or negativity,  asked to be held elsewhere, especially when at it's core it was specific to this show? If that's the case maybe we shoud never speak about the attendence at specific shows nor should we even speak about the crowds reaction.  I mean god forbid back in 2010 when I discussed the Calgary show I mentioned the crowd had severely thinned out by the time PC was played because regardless of how many people were there the show was awesome.

There's nothing "negative" going on here Russ. You can relax.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Cool, good on Ron for doing it!!

Board footer