You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Desoto Civic Center 5th December - CANCELLED

Aussie wrote:

Due to production issues, the DeSoto Civic Center is unable to host the scheduled concert for Guns N Roses set to take place on Monday, December 5, 2011. We apologize for any inconvenience to ticket purchasers.

Ticket refunds are available at all points of purchase, including all Ticketmaster locations, ticketmaster.com, the DeSoto Civic Center Box Office or by phone at
(800) 745-3000.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Hmm.
Curfew? Overtime?
Can't get load out done in time for the ice to go in or something?

Wonder if there's a common denominator.

That's too bad.
And they just added some dates, too, so... that's a good sign, but two cancellations aren't good, and probably not good for the bottom line.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

It is a huge arena show with high overhead. They need to sell tix to make money.

I don't understand the logic of Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday night shows. Especially with the late Guns start times.

Gagarin

Gagarin wrote:

^Weekend times are fewer, more heavily booked, and more expensive to rent.
If you only did weekend shows, you'd be touring 2 or 3 times as long to do the same amount of shows.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Curious to know if this show was listed on the tour shirts and posters? The Albany show was not and it was cancelled.

Rex

Rex wrote:

This is makin me nervous.  Last time I bought a ticket to a GN'R show was in Reno, and they canceled that shit.  I doubt they will cancel Vegas, but fuck me if I ain't thinkin it in the back of my mind haha.

You and me both. Indy's supposed to be my first GNR show ever. Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to be a diehard fan of a normal band.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
mindsmack51883 wrote:

Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to be a diehard fan of a normal band.

It's very relaxing, fun, exciting and satisfying. Not as dramatic though 14

That does sound nice. Of course, on the down side, your favorite band's U2. Haha.

..Kidding. I like "The Wanderer" a lot.

Board footer